Home Buying in Ferndale>Question Details

Maria111, Home Owner in Ferndale, MI

What is the lowest mortgage you can get approved for? Are there places that will finance a house for only $30K?

Asked by Maria111, Ferndale, MI Tue Mar 1, 2011

It is tough to find many brokers or lenders that will go that low. The way loan pricing and compensation structures have changed it is very difficult to do a small loan and make any profit at all. I always suggest to my clients that they check with the local credit union or community bank. Either of those are going to be much more inclined to book a small loan.

The smallest mortgage loan that my company will originate is $50,000. Most of the lenders (that I am aware of) in Texas require a minimum loan amount of $50,000-$60,000. I agree with Jason...your best chance will be with a small community bank or credit union that originates AND services their own loan portfolios. Best of luck to you!
Doubt it. The bank won't make that much money off a loan size like that..I think minimum I've seen is 75K.