Julie, Both Buyer and Seller in 94510

What is the litigation going on with the Marina Village townhouses and how is that affecting the sale of them?

Asked by Julie, 94510 Sat Jun 26, 2010

Answers

3
Rod Nubla’s answer
The Portside Village litigation has been settled and the Builders (lost) are going through a massive construction to Raise the foundation in order to avoid from sinking any further. The current owners are going through a relocation or the ordeal of getting construction done off and on to fix the problem.

I am local Realtor in Benicia and would love to answer any further questions you may have about our Gorgeous town.
Hi Rod. I am considering buying in this area of Benicia (Portside Village), but then I heard about the major construction and re-leveling project. Did they fix the problem from ever reoccurring or is this just a band aid. What are the condos built 0n (marsh land, land fill). Will this problem occur again in the near future or if a major earthquake hits this area? I am not sure whether I should buy here or not. Thank you, Candice. Any advice would be appreciated. Anwser to Frank at flara1946@gmail.com
Flag Wed Nov 27, 2013
Hi Candice. I am considering buying in this area of Benicia (Portside Village), but then I heard about the major construction and re-leveling project. Did they fix the problem from ever reoccurring or is this just a band aid. What are the condos built 0n (marsh land, land fill). Will this problem occur again in the near future or if a major earthquake hits this area? I am not sure whether I should buy here or not. Thank you, Candice. Any advice would be appreciated. Anwser to Frank at flara1946@gmail.com
Flag Wed Nov 27, 2013
But the Benicia Marina complex was in litigation some years ago - can you provide any source for information about that?
Thank you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Portside Village, on the marina, is proceeding with litigation against K-B Homes. No lender, that I know of, is lending in this complex until it is final. Our recent sales have been all cash, no lender involved. Prices are low due to this issue. Estey manages for many owners that are waiting for this issue to finish and hopefully prices will again reflect the wonderful location and unique characteristics of Benicia.
There was an outside of the area listing agent that stated in her listing that Benicia Marina Condos had litigation pending, she was not familiar with Benicia, but that has been paid and closed. These units are not FHA approved. Always use a local Realtor for your rentals, your sales or your purchasing. They know the town and the market.
I hope this helps
Flag Wed Nov 27, 2013