Johanna Delm…, Home Buyer in Beverly Hills Post O...

What is the housing market like in Culver City? Can a home be bought there for 700,000?

Asked by Johanna Delmartin, Beverly Hills Post Office, Los Angeles, CA Tue Apr 5, 2011

Answers

13
Dear Johanna,
We do have homes in that price range in Culver City. The market is strong and the demand is high for home in our area. I suggest you contact a local realtor for more detailed information
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 13, 2011
Definitely! Culver City really is the best of so many worlds....so centrally located, about 7 miles to the beach and 7 miles to downtown LA with a new light rail to downtown almost up and running, access to the bike path to the beach, fantastic and numerous restaurants, excellent and professional live theatre....and yes, you can buy a home for prices more affordable than many areas on the westside. If you're interested, I'd be glad to help you find the home you desire!

Sara Jo Ward
Colwell Banker Realtor
310-717-0690
Web Reference: http://sarajo.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 11, 2011
Hi Johanna,

YES! You can purchase a single family home in Culver City for $700,000 or less!

Currently there are 18 homes listed for sale in Culver City priced $500K-$700K. There are smaller homes available in the Culver Arts District and larger homes available in the Veteran's Park, Blanco Park, and West Culver City areas. There are also homes in the Los Angeles 90230 area (Culver City zip code with Los Angeles city services).

Please contact me for additional information!

Lezlie Brazil
DRE #01748609
T (310) 991-4263
E lezlie@lezliebrazil.com
Web Reference: http://www.lezliebrazil.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 11, 2011
You can get a rough-order-of -magnitude for home prices in your area of interest from my website for anywhere USA. Under "my external links", click on Home and Market Trend Search. Enter search criteria matching the desired features (ie city/state or zip code, number of bedrooms, minimum bathrooms, price range, etc.); view results; then click on Stats & Trends tab at the top of the page to view typical list and sale prices for the your of interest. If you see homes of interest, contact a local real estate agent to make appointment (s) for the homes matching features and prices desired. Best wishes in your search.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 5, 2011
I concur with all the responses so far, the only thing I would add is whether you have worked wiht a loan broker to determine your payment and how that would fit into your criteria for a home. With rates where they are you could possible afford more. Once you get into the 800K plus range you start to get premium locations etc.
Best
Mike
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 5, 2011
Dear Johanna,

You will find plenty of homes in Culver City that are in the $700K Range.
As a Designer/Builder - most of these homes may need some updating though.
Good Luck with your search and let me know if I can help you with any design/build needs.

CCForteza
Web Reference: http://www.10708kelmore.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 5, 2011
Johanna, yes, single family homes can be purschased in the $700,000 range in Culver City. Like all areas, there are better parts of Culver City where $700,000 will buy you a smaller home than in other parts.

I have a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home with a large family room, loft and some city views in the Culver Crest for $769,000. There are smaller homes available in Culver City ranging in price from $499,000 and up.

Bob
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 5, 2011
Yes you can. You can get one here for $499k
Hi Johanna

Just following up with you to see how's your home hunting going for you and have you bought your prefect home yet?

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best
Mimi Davies
Absolutely! The Culver City Real Estate Market is moving very quickly right now, good priced properties are flying off the market and many times with multiple offers. Take advantage of the current prices and amazingly low interest rates and buy now! You can view all the current Culver City homes for sale here:
http://santamonica-realestateagent.com/idx/community/culver-city/

If you would like to schedule a time to view any of these great properties or are in need of a buyers agent, feel free to contact me anytime!
Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-586-0364
The average sold price for a Culver City home right now is around 680K. You can check out my latest market update by clicking on the link below.
Mike
Hi Johanna

How have you been since your post last April? Did you find your dream house in Culver City?

Are you still looking? If so, email me for listings and an update on the local market.

Meryeme
Johanna,

There are definitely homes available in your price range. What criteria (size, condition, beds/baths) are you looking for?

Richard Schulman
#1 Buyer's Agent
Keller Williams Westside Realty
310-482-0173
schulmanrd@yahoo.com