Home Buying in San Pedro>Question Details

Megan Harwood, Home Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

What is the general opinion on the Pacific Ave? There's now 22nd street park, USS Iowa, & Crafted. Will Pacific Ave be safe in the near future?

Asked by Megan Harwood, Los Angeles, CA Sun Oct 28, 2012

Answers

2
Ingrid Davis’ answer
Hi Megan,

Great question!

In the past it's been thought that areas below Gaffey Street, north of 22nd Street would be seen in some eyes as not so great a neighborhood. However within the last 4 years and with the growing demand for affordable ocean views and cooler climates, this has become a more sought after area. As you have mentioned, the installation of Crafted and the attraction of the USS Iowa has this neighborhood taking shape and is becoming a more popular, safer and developed area. I've resided in San Pedro, am a local Realtor and really have a pulse on what’s going on here.

If you require guidance of particular neighborhoods in San Pedro, please feel free to reach me anytime.

Ingrid Davis, Realtor
The Real Estate Group
(310)961-8478
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
I agree-it really is an upcoming area. San Pedro is being revisted by lots of investors and first time home buyers- it is one of the last affordable seaside areas in the Southbay
Flag Fri Jan 18, 2013
That question is difficult to directly answer. "Safe" is a relative term. It will be safer in some ways compared to some areas, and less safe than others.

I think you should interview a few local Realtors, find one you like and trust, and then you out and look at a few neighborhoods.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
I agree with you Michael. My question is more geared toward whether Pacific Ave is thought to be safeR (when compared with itself) in the next few years vs. the Pacific Ave of the past. I am wondering if these additions, the city's "Harbor Re-development" plan, and the new artist-occupied housing might extend up to Pacific and help clean up the problem-areas. I understand crime is still an issue, but does it seem to be improving at all?
Flag Sun Oct 28, 2012