Home Buying in Duncanville>Question Details

Tosha, Home Buyer in Dallas County, TX

What is the first step in purchasing a home for a first time buyer?

Asked by Tosha, Dallas County, TX Tue Mar 24, 2009

Answers

7
Hello There! The first step is to obtain a loan prequalification...
first you got to see the home. Then you got to breathe the home. then you got to smell the home. Then you got to lick the home. then you got to hear the home. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU GOT TO BE THE HOME
Hi Tosha!

The first step in my opinion would be to get a loan approval for the amount of house you can qualify for, don't worry you don't have to lock rates just because you apply! Then hire me to work for you! While working with me, I will ask you questions to find what it is that you are looking for in an agent, in a buyer's experience and make sure I can make that work for you! I'd rather not go to work for you now than to disappoint you in the future. Once working together, I would love to hear all about the home you want, the area, features, size, price, schools businesses, worship places, and all that are important to you in making a decision! I represented builders in the area to list their homes for sale, and would be happy to help you!

Nicole Arenas
NicoleArenas@Ymail.com
You need to do two things: find a realtor to work with and find a mortgage lender to work with. The order you do that is up to you. Any realtor you contact will send you to a mortgage lender first thing to get pre-approved for a loan. This step assures that you are in a position to buy a home, lets you know what kind of loan and what terms (interest rate and down payment) you qualify for, and takes you a step closer to quickly submitting an offer when you do find your new home.

A realtor can put you in touch with a lender, but the realtor's primary responsibility is to help you determine what type of home you are looking for and to show you homes that meet your needs within your budget. When you find a home you'd like to buy, the realtor will prepare the offer for you and negotiate on your behalf. Since you are a first time buyer, it's probably important to you to have someone who will help explain the process to you.
I would agree you definitely need to work with a Realtor. Call a few and ask some questions and see how educated they sound and ultimately how responsive they are. The main thing as a first time buyer is you want an agent who is gonna answer you calls, emails and texts. I recently purchased my first home and it was a foreclosure so I am very keen to the concerns and questions of a new buyer. If you would like to email the area you are interested in I can email you what is available. Also I can have you in touch with a loan officer today and see what you are approved for. As an added bonus my lacl of a large name broker allows me to rebate you20% of my commission after close.

Thanks for your time
RJ
2146820598
Web Reference: http://www.findapadfast.com
Tosha,
Contact a local real estate professional. They can help you contact a mortgage lender. Being approved vs. prequalified helps your negotiating power when you locate the home you would like to make an offer on. There are several professionals in your area.
Tosha

Find a good mortgage broker and get pre approved not pre qualified. It is a simple process and should not cost you anything. Ask friends and family if they have any recomendations. A good Broker should explainthe different types of loans available and how much you will be able to qualify for, what the payments are going to be and how much cash you will need to close. If you don't feel comfortable with your first choice find another one. Remember they work for you and they should treat you with the respect you deserve.

Good Luck