Home Buying in Goose Island>Question Details

Alexlin25, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

What is the estimated value of 711 west grand #401? It's asking 375k without parking. 400k with parking.

Asked by Alexlin25, Chicago, IL Fri Nov 22, 2013

Answers

12
Hello:

I sold unit 202 and 302 in the building this year. Feel free to contact me if you'd like further information.
I know the area well; sold over 200 homes in River North.
Always work with a broker who is representing your best interest and always hire your own attorney. Never use the sellers Broker or Attorney because that is a conflict of interest.
Work with a broker to negotiate and advocate on your behalf. Start with the brokers that responded righ here on Trulia.

Good luck1
With an expert broker you can go lower .....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
You should be getting this advice from your broker who has been in the unit with you. Anything from agents on Trulia is pure speculation. Trust your broker. And if you don't have one, then identify someone who can work with you as a trusted advisor. No cost to you as the buyer.
Hire me and I'll tell you. Or find yourself a realtor that you can relate to.
you can sign up with 711 directly and take the classes its much more chiper that way Thanks
Anyone of us on here can help you with this, is would be best to view the property with an agent and discuss the pricing and see if the unit is the right fit for you and your needs.

Feel free to contact me 312 493 8446
Have your agent tour the property with you then draw up a CMA. You guys can then go over value from there.

If your not working with a Realtor, go get one. Its free to use their services. Interview two or three, and go with the one you mesh best with. I would be happy to help!
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
Hi Matt, please give me your direct contact info as I might have a need for your service. Thanks!
Flag Wed Nov 27, 2013
Seems priced about right. It did look like the assessments were pretty low. I can see it is a newer building, but make sure you see the HOA docs and budget if you go froward with the purchase. Check to see there are enough reserves to make future repairs. Nobody likes a surprise special assessment down the road.

For a comparison in the area you might want to look at 651 N Milwaukee - Unit 401 at $389K with parking or 824 W Superior Unit 609 at $284.9K without parking. Sometimes seeing other similar aged units in the area helps you with your final decision. If I can be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contract me.

Kurt
630-518-8872 Cell
Krain Real Estate
Kurt, thanks for the suggestions. Need another expertise from you. From looking at the cook county tax portal, the estimated value of this unit is quite considerably lower than other units in this building. Is that possible?
Flag Sat Nov 23, 2013
Price does not seem out of line based on the comps, yet hard to know without seeing inside. The market is a bit slow now and it has been on the market for a while so maybe some motivation yet the mortgage is 340K from 2009 so maybe not much wiggle room. The owner has not paid the last tax bill so maybe some financial problems
Hi Philip, where did u see the 340k mortgage? Tax bill huh? Iooked up County tax and it seems the cost has gone up?
Flag Sat Nov 23, 2013
Are you working with a buyer's broker? This would be part of the valuable advice they would be providing for free. I would be happy to help you through this purchase. Several of the units sold in April for $400/$435K and so much depends on the upgrades the unit has. Call me to discuss,
Diane Boyle
Prudential Rubloff
773-343-4114
dboyle@rubloff.com