Home Buying in Copperfield>Question Details

Unspecified, Renter in

What is the easiest way to find out if a home is in an HOA neighborhood?

Asked by Unspecified, Sat Sep 1, 2012

Answers

13
Simply put, call a Realtor. If the one you reach can't/won't supply the answer call a different one. It's easy to find out with our tools, and any competent Realtor should be able to answer your question.

Ron Cullinan
Avalar Austin
GRI, CRS, ABR, CLHMS, e-Pro
512-799-3239
http://www.austinonlinehomes.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Absolutely, asking a realtor is the easiest answer.

There are some obvious signs identifying homes that are in HOA's while scouting out neighborhoods on your own. The homogeneity of homes in newer neighborhoods can be a sign an HOA is in place. Monuments with a name of the subdivision, landscaped medians, swimming pools and parks are all signs that particular subdivision is in an HOA.

Some older subdivisions appear to be in an HOA, but may possibly be pride of home ownership and an active community neighborhood watch program. There is an older subdivision in South Austin, not in an HOA, that gives out periodic awards for best landscaped yard.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have further questions.

Bruce Lewis, Realtor, GRI
bruce@lewistxrealty.com
512-363-2184
Just ask any competent agent.
Web Reference: http://liveweirdrealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 22, 2012
If you don't want to buy in an HOA, your buyer's agent can do a search and eliminate them from the critera. If you want to buy in an HOA, again, your buyer's agent can perform a search and have those properties show up in their search.
Ask a professional Realtor
Get in touch with the HOA directly. Most agents are too lazy to do this themselves and just rely on information on the MLS which is often innaccurate and out of date.
I recommend that you ask your real estate agent. If you are currently not utilizing the services of a real estate professional, I encourage you to give me a call or send me a text.

Teresa Tibbs
"Your Angel in Real Estate"
Stanberry & Associates
(512) 431-2442
Ask a realtor.

Joe Casey
Keller Williams Northwest
(512) 800-1316
Dear Unspecified,
I would ask your local Realtor, or your Buyers Agent if you have one. It is easy to check for this in the MLS. Also some HOA's are more restrictive than others. If I were you, I would start checking out the HOA's of the neighborhoods that were appealing and see if the HOA is something you can live with. Remember that older neighborhoods built before 1990 are less likely to have an HOA. this may help you to find neighborhoods without one. Please give me a call if I may be of further assistance.

Betina

Betina Foreman, Realtor, C.N.E.
Austin Home Girls Realty
1601 West 6th Street
Austin, TX 78703
512-771-6318
Great answer were given by my fellow real estate professionals; finding the right agent who will work hard to answer all your real estate related questions is key! I would also like to add that another great source for obtaining HOA information is title companies.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012

The Internet and Real estate professionals are the top resources most buyers turn to when searching for a Home. A Realtor can help you improve your overall home buying experience and provide with the guidance to reduce stress, save time, and make you a savvy, sucessful consumer.

Maria Cipollone
Parkland, Fl
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
The easiest way is to check on portal that gives this information. Also, I would be happy to set up your own private website that shows only homes that meet your criteria. This website will have HOA information and the corresponding dues. In addition, you will be notified with real time information anytime there is a price change or new listing that meets your criteria.

Please feel free to contact me anytime this weekend.

Steve
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Call me.

Molly Pierce
512-497-4363
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 1, 2012