Home Buying in Johns Creek>Question Details

Karen, Renter in

What is the driving distance from John Creeks to Alpharetta? Looking to relocate to Ga, but job headquarters in Alpharetta.

Asked by Karen, Sun Sep 2, 2012

I would figure about 20 minutes one way in moderate traffic, Karen. Please call, text or email if we might help further. Good Luck!

Michael Hammond

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Thanks for such a quick response. I didn't know John's Creek was that close. What you say about the property taxes in John' Creek? Higher, lower? Also, is John's Creek a mix of ethic groups ? What about crimes?
Flag Sun Sep 2, 2012
Johns Creek is adjacent to Alpharetta, is a recently created entity that was carved out of the east side of Alpharetta and at the eastern border of Fulton County. Hwy 400 cuts Alpharetta roughing in half (going North to South) and the biggest difference is what side of Hwy 400 your job is headquartered. Many of the bigger companies are up off of Windward Parkway, which is lovely but really heavy traffic. Also, traffic is heaviest on the surface streets when the school buses are out (normally starting about 6:45 am) and traffic trying to get onto Hwy 400.

I would recommend you look at housing in both Alpharetta and Johns Creek. Duluth is also another nice area, straddles Fulton and Gwinnett counties and sometimes you can get a little more house for your money.

Katherine L. Morrison, Realtor
Team Realty Group
Alpharetta, GA
404-697-4626 (direct)
Lots of homes that are technically in Johns Creek will actually be listed as Alpharetta. Before the city of Johns Creek was incorporated in 2006, that entire area was considered unincorporated Alpharetta. If you actually buy in Johns Creek and work in Alpharetta, you will find the commute pretty easy. In the worst traffic, I'd say 30 minutes. You could look in the Johns Creek, Alpharetta, Milton, and Roswell areas in N. Fulton. You could also consider the Alpharetta and Cumming areas in S. Forsyth where taxes are lower, homes are newer, and schools rank very high.

This is the area I know best. Would be glad to help!

Candace Deshe
Associate Broker
Certified Distressed Property Expert
Certified Residential Specialist

E-Fax: 770-573-3634
Website: http://www.CandaceDeshe.com
e-mail: CandaceDeshe@gmail.com

Keller Williams Realty Consultants
695 Mansell Road, Suite 102, Roswell, GA 30076
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Johns Creek is just east of Alpharetta so not far. 15+- minutes if your HQ is east of 400, add 10 minutes if it's west as 400 bottlenecks in the rush hours. Keep in mind, Alpharetta is also a mailing address so the best thing to do it Google map it.

Web Reference: http://hankmillerteam.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012
Hi Karen its not far at all. Thats a great area that you have choosen. I'd be happy to assist you any way that I can. Contact me. Kaylane Peters. Keller Williams Realty Metro Atl. 504-373-9696
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 2, 2012