Kunal Singh, Home Buyer in Jersey City, NJ

What is the difference between Cranford and Westfield? I see some really nice looking houses in Cranford so wondering.

Asked by Kunal Singh, Jersey City, NJ Mon Mar 11, 2013

I am interested in buying a 3 BR preferably a 4 BR house and have toured the Westfield/Cranford area and liked what my wife and I saw. I work in Midtown and she works in Newark so commute will be a consideration for me. Budget is upto 600k.

Answers

6
Hi Kunal,

They both are great towns to live, have a family & have fun with close & strong communities. Both towns have nice centers with restaurants & local shops, but Westfield center is a bit larger and more retail oriented. Cranfords' center of town is expanding with new shops, cafes & restaurants. Recently the Starbucks chain opened up near the train station, perfect for that morning ride to work. Westfield has many million+ dollar properties, but both towns can offer you the 3/4 bedroom house within your price range, depending on what you & your wife are looking for in a home. Also, both have a great commuter system by train & bus to NYC & Newark. And as far as schools, again both great and the ratings are similar as well, see http://www.greatschools.org for comparison. I hope this helps you a bit more and feel free to call me with any other questions you may have at 908-403-8770 or email me at Aneta.Saniewska@SothebysRealty.com and I'll be more than happy to assist you further.

?Aneta E. Saniewska
Sales Associate REALTORĀ®

Prominent Properties
Sotheby's International Realty
200 North Ave, East
Westfield, New Jersey 07090
Office: 908.654.6666
Fax: 908.654.0524
Cell: 908.403.8770
These are both great communities. Westfield has great shopping including the Lord and Taylor chain. As well as many chain and unique shops. Cranford is making a strong play as a thriving community with the restaurants and coffee shops. The schools in this part of NJ are generally strong. You can find the link to specific school rankings and articles on my website http://www.BarbaraLewisHomes.com. In addition as part of Union County these towns have access to Magnet and specialized high schools.
The major difference between these 2 towns is that Cranford has a large area of town that is flood prone. You can research this on the Township webpage.

For commuting purposes, both towns have a train station in the center of town which will take you to either Newark or NYC. They are both nice towns and great places to live and raise a family.

Please give me a call at (732) 239-7452 to discuss how I can help you find your new home. I look forward to hearing from you.
Well it seems as if you have done your homework, If you commutin to NYC both towns have train stations. The commute is not bad I actually used to commute from westfield train station to Mid Town. I live in westfield Now and I have grown to love it. If you'd like I can meet you in down town westfield and show you a few homes. I just sold a 4 bedroom home in westfield. The taxes were 11,000. Whenever you would like to talk or if you feel your ready to speak with a broker, let me know.

Mattyhew Simone
All Towne Realty
732 320 6299
Both Cranford and Westfield have great downtowns, and both have lovely older colonial homes. Schools in both communities are stellar. Cranford has Union County College and a more casual atmosphere; Westfield is considered more of a "destination" town with a more "social" downtown and many newer homes. Westfield has a lot of recreation programs.

Finally, some areas of Cranford have a serious flooding issue (search cranford nj flooding irene).

I would love to help you in your search ... and your quest to learn about both towns. If you're not already working with a Realtor, feel free to reach out to me on 732-423-2792 or Teri@Westfield-Area-Homes.com
There are many similarities and differences in both towns. Both towns are commuter towns which cater to Newark/NYC commuters via bus and train lines. Both towns also offer easy access to Garden State Parkway and Rt. 22. As someone who was born, raised and reside in the area, I would be happy to go over any questions you may have in greater detail. You can call my cell at (908) 377-2989.

Patricia Weinstock
NJ Realty Services
cell (908) 377-2989
patty@NJRealtyServices.com