Jayvee, Home Buyer in New York, NY

What is the deal with the Hidden Lake Townhomes on Worthshire? I know they are majorly in the floodzone, is this why they are so affordable?

Asked by Jayvee, New York, NY Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

2
Carolyn Wolfe’s answer
This is a great little area in the heart of The Heights. There is only one active listing right now, but 2 in Option Pending, and one more in Pending. This is an affordable option if you want to live in this area, but do remember there are monthly maintainance fees

Maint Fee: Yes/$ 302/Monthly Mnt Include: Clubhouse, Exterior Building, Grounds, Recreational Facilities

It is close to White Oak Bayou, but that is what flood insurance is for.
Remember, Houston is the Bayou City
You could purchase something high and dry and it become a flood zone the next hurricane.

Do your homework and roll the dice, but always purchase flood insurance.

http://www.hcfcd.org/firms.html
Not really ... there is one unit available at $179,900. It's only two bedrooms, built in 1979, no garage ... looks about right for Houston. Much of the city is in the floodplain, so it doesn't have that much bearing on price. If you're comparing prices with those in NY, it will likely appear a bargain ... but Houston real estate is among the most affordable. Of course, we also have our million-dollar+ locations, but this is not one of them. The Heights is a popular area, especially among young professionals. If you'd like me to make showing arrangements, and you've qualified for financing, let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference: http://www.har.com/algeffon