Home Buying in Frisco>Question Details

Steve, Other/Just Looking in Wisconsin

What is the current housing market like in Frisco, McKinney, Prosper area? Looking in the $300-$350 range. Are homes selling for over asking?

Asked by Steve, Wisconsin Wed Apr 24, 2013

In a balanced buying and selling market there is usually about 6-7 months of inventory. In some areas we are down to under 2 months of inventory. This translates to fewer than usual homes to sell. That alone would be enough to drive the price skyward, but we also have very low interest rates right now.

I had a meeting with 4 new home builders just yesterday. They ALL said they are increasing prices about 4% PER MONTH! Yikes.

If you need help finding a home, I can help you. But I need to get to know you and only after I know you can I understand what you need in your home.

Many well priced homes are receiving multiple offers which in many cases pushes the the sales price above the list price. The key to getting a good deal in a hot market like this is to view it the moment it comes on the market and immediately put in a good offer before other offers are received. I live in Frisco and specialize in the markets/areas you mentioned and the market is definetelty hot due to a general shortage of inventory.

Many homes are indeed receiving multiple offers, however, there are some techniques that may help you be the first in line when it comes to placing an offer on the home you feel is right for you and your family.

However, the very first step is to get loan pre-approval, which is very key. Secondly, save your valuable time by selecting a professional REALTOR so that we can be your eyes and ears on the ground here in Texas and also start a lot of the preliminary work for you so that you can focus on closing out of Wisconsin and moving down here.

I would love to learn more about your moving timeline as well as your real estate needs, so please contact me anytime.

Providing Solutions Because...Your Move Matters!

Michael L. Brownstead, GRI, ABR
1002 Raintree Cir., Ste. 100
Allen, TX 75013
E-mail: MBrownstead@msn.com
1. Many homes are sold with multi offers, AND bidding wars
2. I just completed a search for another family for these areas excited to show the properties

Market stats for these areas

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
http://www.lynn911.com 100's of Dallas homes listed for sale or lease

Follow me on Facebook
Hello Steve,

Currently in the North Collin County area we are experiencing a seller's market and many homes have multiple offers on them. However, we also have a lot of new construction which can be a much better option than buying a pre-existing home.

If you would like more information on those areas and actual stats, I would be happy to email them to you. Feel free to call or email me 972-800-7844 or chris@ohliggroup.com

It is currently a seller's market in the Frisco/McKinney/Prosper area, but each home is different and each seller has their own circumstances surrounding the sale of their home. Some are more willing to negotiate than others. Your best option would be to work with a Realtor who can show you homes that fit your criteria - possibly even before they hit the market which would give you a great advantage. Also, a letter of pre-approval from a lender will work wonders when you find that perfect home and you are prepared to make an offer. Homes are generally going very quickly, so being able to make an educated, reasonable offer in a short amount of time will boost your success when you find a home that you love.

If you are not currently working with a Realtor, I would love to assist you. I can also refer you to a wonderful lender if you have not acquired pre-approval, yet.

If you have any questions or for more information, please contact me ASAP!

Jlyne Hanback

Jlyne Hanback, Realtor®; e-PRO

Ebby Halliday, REALTORS®
1415 Legacy, Suite 100
Frisco, TX 75034
Direct Call/Text: (214) 909-8008
Office: (972) 335-6564

I am an e-PRO certified agent!
The market is great for Seller's - as a Buyer be prepared to be in multiple offer situiation. These are all wonderful areas and have great school districts as well.

Give me a call and we can get started on-line,

Lori Rea
Market is hot in those areas--especially Prosper. People are tired of living elbo-to-elbo with neighbors and moving to larger lots.

Overall the housing market is hot in North Dallas and I'm seeing more mulitple offers above asking price on the less expensive home. Of course, it varies upon the condition of the home. what other competitor homes are on the market, the price of the home (at market or overprice) etc. If you are looking to purchase and are not currently working with a realtor then I'd be honored to assist you. I have helped many buyers from out of state and out of the country relocate here and my references are available upon request. Let me know how I can be of service.

Take care,
Susie Kay, Realtor®
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
I have been a realtor here in the Plano area for over ten years. We are currently in a seller's market in the Frisco/McKinney/Plano areas. Houses are going fast in our area and you will need a pre-approval letter to submit any offer.

As as matter of fact, I just got back from showing a property that isn't even on the market yet and we are submitting an offer. Now is definitely the time to sell while the inventory and interest rates are low!

I would be more than happy to send you comps and let you know what the properties in your neighborhood have been selling for. Let me know how I can help.

Sherry M. Cabrera, Realtor®
6900 N. Dallas Parkway, Suite 110
Plano, Texas 75024
Direct: 214-454-6969
Fax: 972-461-0473
E-Mail: sherrycabrerarealtors@gmail.com

A Private Label Realty Company

We are definitely in a sellers market right now. The lower priced homes are the homes we are seeing the multiple offers and over asking price more often. In Mckinney, Frisco, and Prosper the average sale to list price for sold homes with in the last couple months is 96%. The range is from 80-112%. The average number of days on the market is 76. These are just broad statistics of the three cities in that price range. It really all depends on the house, neighborhood, and quality of the inside. Some houses in that price range are selling with in a day and getting over asking price, but others are taking longer and are not. If you have any more questions or would like more specific statistics on the market feel free to contact me anytime!

Kristin Sohn
RE/MAX Performance Group
I have heard lots of other's realtors say that we are in a sellers market right now.

It just depends case by case really.

Feel free to browse my website or call, text or e-mail me if you have any other questions.

(214) 686-1507
Web Reference: http://ajsmith.cbapex.com
Some not all, you may even can get a new home in that price range.
It's a seller's market and prices are going up, but not all will sell at list or over.

It always depends on the house, the buyer, and the seller. Some are underpriced, some overpriced, and some right at the market. You just have to look at each home individually.

Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX