Logan S, Home Owner in 08817

What is the commission rate in Middlesex County? Does seller pay this commission, or buyer?

Asked by Logan S, 08817 Fri Mar 8, 2013

Answers

8
Folks just noticed this question was asked in March 2013. I think we can assume Logan bought a home by now....
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 13, 2013
Hi Logan,

Commission is always negotiable and generally its paid by seller. Feel free to contact me for further information.

Purvi Shah
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
908-930-4353
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
Hi Logan,
It's the Seller to pay commission. The commission rate is not fixed, it will be discussed between you and the real estate agent.
call me for more question. My partner, Simon Law and I will be more than happy to help.
Angeline Li
201 873-6316
local real estate professional in Edison.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
Although Tim is located in North Carolina, his advice is spot on. There is no set rate in Middlesex Co or any other county in NJ. If a seller attempts to inflate their listing price to capture the cost of the commission, that home will sit on the market for a long time and will ultimately sell for a lower price than had it been listed at or near market price.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
Normally all sellers pay the commission to have their house marketed and sold. They will pay the company that lists it and that company will split the commission with the agent in their office and with the company of the agent that brings in a buyer. All commissions are negotiable and there are no set commissions.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Mar 8, 2013
Good job, Mary, almost fell into the trap!!
Dear Logan,

Seller pays the real estate commissions. There is No set commission rate. It is always negotiable when listing your property. If you are a buyer, you don't need to worry about it since seller would pay all commissions.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Hi Logan,

The seller usually pays the commission. Will be more than happy to help. Feel free to contact any time.