Home Buying in Las Vegas>Question Details

New Casa!, Renter in Las Vegas, NV

What is the best way to win a bidding war?

Asked by New Casa!, Las Vegas, NV Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

11
Trulia VIP David Cooper’s answer
Try to have a 2nd and 3rd option before engaging in a bidding war. Don't get emotionally involved. You could win the "war" and have buyers regret for 30 years.

I have been investing in Las Vegas since 1994.Call me at 702.499.7037 if you need some suggestions or send me your email thru my website and I will send you an updated foreclosure list and negotiating skills checklist

David cooper http://www.lasvegaswinner.org
Find a Realtor with a track record working with BUYERS. There are many many ways to increase your chances of winning a bid. In our incredibly competitive market, it’s important to know what is important to the seller. The priority for a rehab investor is very different from a seller looking to short sell. A bank asset manager is looking for something completely different from an traditional equity seller.

Chad Roberts
Broker/Salesperson
Realty One Group
I wrote an article on how to get your offer accepted in this hot seller's market. In it I wrote about 10 steps you can use to make your offer cleaner and stronger. You can read the artice here: http://lvrealestatehelp.weebly.com/1/post/2013/01/robert-ada…

I hope this is helpful.

Robert Adams
Broker/Salesman
The Adams Team at
Rothwell Gornt Companies
C:702-349-9175
O:702-932-8813
F:702-932-8826
RobertAdams@LVrealestateHELP.com
http://www.LVrealestateHELP.com
Write a clean offer. In other words don't ask for too many contingencies. Don't ask for long escrow, or large repair dollar amount. Zero repairs, if possible.
If financing, be prepared to show proof of funds, for down payment. If you are offering more than list price, be prepared with cash to cover the difference in price and appraisal. Be pre-approved with a direct lender.
And, give yourself some room to bid. If you are pre- approved for $150,000, look at homes in the $145,000 or less range. Don't put unnecessary pressure on yourself. The right home is waiting for you. Trust you will find it.
A good agent should not have to come out of their pocket to pay for anything. We are in the business to sell homes not loan or give our money away. I am getting my buyers homes and I do not have a team, I work alone. I dont think the successful agents are going to put their secrets up on a posting board for all to see. Thats not business smart.
I being a Realtor for few years and the most important and best solution for me to any kind of conflict in our market is educate Buyer and Sellers about the situation being honest and sincere this will help all of us in writing the best offer that Seller will accept without compromising any body into unnecessary expenses. Contact me for more information I always have time for my clients.

Hildalvrealtor@gmail.com
Great answer. Honesty makes all the difference.
Flag Wed May 1, 2013
That's a good question! I have had success in offering to pay the utilities until closing or pool service or pool and yard service depending on the property. Honestly, those ideas have worked for my clients quite successfully. Good Luck! Becky Zisk
Look for an agent that can show you successful closings reprensenting buyers in similar circumstances. And make that agent and not his team or office prove it.

I have been investing in Las Vegas since 1994. Call me at 702.499.7037 if you need some suggestions or send me your email thru my website and I will send you an updated foreclosure list and negotiation skills checklist

Make sure you are working with an experienced REALTOR, this is the first step. I am having great success for my Buyers in this critically low inventory market, it's how you write the offer and what makes your offer more enticing to the Seller. I can do this .

Donna Schneider
REALTY EXECUTIVES
We have tricks to it and trust me they are not all "cash" that wins. I have buyers getting loans as well as cash and my buyers with or without cash are winning without doing all that. If you would like to set up a time to meet me at my office , I would love to share my plans with you.

Rhondasellsvegas@gmail.com
Bid the most :) Seriously though, you pay cash and waive all contingencies like inspections and appraisals.