Home Buying in Poway>Question Details

Jay, Other/Just Looking in Philadelphia, PA

What is the best way to search homes in Poway School District on Trulia? Sometimes a search in Poway throws up schools in a different district.

Asked by Jay, Philadelphia, PA Sat May 5, 2012

Answers

7
Jason Richards’ answer
Trulia may not allow you to searh that way. You can search the most current inventory at the following link.

http://noviproperty.com/property-search/

On the left hand side, you can set which school district you only want to focus on and it will exclude all others.

Let me know if I can help further.

Jason
619-417-1658
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Hi Jay,

I would go a step further and have you look at school ratings within the PUSD school system. I have several employees that are products of PUSD from K-12, and while they rave about the school system there are significant differences between the schools within PUSD.

http://www.greatschools.org

You will see, even within an award winning district, there are significant differences.

Best of luck!

David Rudd
Kindred Real Estate
Hi Jason,

Know that several Realtors will offer their services, if that is what you want. Below are the zip codes for PUSD:

92127 - Santa Luz Area, Del Sur, 4S Ranch and Western Rancho Bernardo
92128 - Eastern Rancho Bernardo, Sabre Springs and Carmel Mt. Ranch
92064 - Poway
92129 - Rancho Penasquitos - Mercy Road is the Southern dividing line 92129. There are condos, homes and apartments on both sides of Mercy that are 92129 but go to San Diego Unified.
Also, there is one development in Scripps Ranch 92131(Stonebridge) that goes to Poway Unified (PUSD).

If you do not want to engage the services of a Realtor here, you can use Redfin, etc to search by zip codes. If you do want to engage the services of a local Realtor, talk to a couple first. Know that we have lived in the PUSD for 14 years. Great school system.

We hope this helps,

Mark & Kari Shea
Shea Real Estate
Home Sales Specialists
Valuation Specialists & Consulting
Land Sales, Acquisitions & Consulting
Serving Greater San Diego
As much as I like Trula, the very best way to search for homes is to have a Realtor set you up on a search through the actual MLS. That way, you have more up-to-date information.

If you would like to contact me directly, I would be glad to set that up for you.

Warmly,

Cindy

Warmly,

Cindy
Hey Jason,
It's kind of tricky because any search you set up is only as good as the listing information the listing agent puts in. If they don't indicate what school district on their listing, your search won't pull it up. I have a client looking in this area and I pull the search based on zip and cross check each result for them. I would be happy to assist you as well, so don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Thanks!
Sinead McAllister
Broker
McAllister Homes Real Estate
858-205-5215
brokermcallister@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
Jason,

The Poway Unified School District (PUSD) covers San Diego Areas of Rancho Bernardo, Sabre Springs, Carmelt Mountain Ranch, 4S Ranch, Rancho Penasquitos as well as the City of Poway. Some neighborhoods in Rancho Penasquitos area are not in PUSD.

I suggest you have your REALTOR set up a search for you through the MLS that will send PUSD listings directly to your email. It will be a much more efficient and accurate search.

Additionally, living in a particular school zone does not always guarantee you admission to that school, only in the district. Contact the individual school for current information.

Lastly - check out the boundary maps at the PUSD site below for more information.

http://www.powayusd.com/

Kind Regards,

Marcie Sands, REALTOR
Simply The Best Real Estate Co., Inc.
760-644-1562
PUSD
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012