Phyllis Myers, Real Estate Pro in Port Charlotte, FL

What is the best way to market for property buyers in Canada and Europe?

Asked by Phyllis Myers, Port Charlotte, FL Mon Jan 14, 2008

I need buyers for my vacant land listings.

Answers

8
John Albertsen’s answer
I have had limited success with searching International property web sites and searching for agents. I then email them information and wait for responses. Got a few and am continuing to build the network with them.

My other method is in my Sphere of Influence I have a couple of Canadians and a Swiss national. I just reached out to them and they helped get in contact with agents in their areas and sent them my marketing material and have sent me buyers interested in Florida.

I have been advised to get the CIPS designation and that gets you in the network of other agents and you build a network and market your property out to them.

I know working with a Canadian buyer currently is through a sign in front of one of my listings.
I hope this helps...
We have had great success with our website. Get a website and get it linked up with good websites from Canada and Europe. Make sure it has great information and nice pictures. You can reach anywhere in the world with your website.

We have had limited sucess with print advertising in Canada and Europe.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 30, 2008
One thing I might add is that you need to have a great virtual tour and tell about what there is to do in the area where the home is located. Most people what to know how far the home is located from an airport and what attractions are available while they're there.

Shannon Moore, Realtor
Re/Max Anchor Realty
941-276-8142
twomoores19@comcast.net
Many companies employ comprehensive marketing plans that include foreign markets. This includes being represented in real estate offices around the world. Michael Saunders & company, through Christie's has representation in 19 different countries.
I would recommend Googling for Realtors in Canada who work with a lot of investors. I am sure they would be glad to refer clients to you. I am Realtor in Calgary, Alberta, Canada and personally I don't work with a lot of investors myself, but if I did I would be willing to look at your listings and talk to you about them and consider them as recommendations for my clients.
Web Reference: http://www.andrewkyle.com
Phyllis,
We totally agree...the route to go is putting together a top rated website loaded with the type of information that potential buyers from these locations would be pron to ask. Also of extreme importance is the visibility of your site on the web.
Many people are getting great results by engaging a company that specializes in website optimization to increase their site visibility. Your goal should be to seen on the first 2 pages of the major search engines...ie. Google, Yahoo, etc. etc. Of course this comes as an expense that hopefully is going to bring returns.
The "Eckler Team"
Century 21 Almar and Associates
Venice, Fl 34285
ecklerteam@comcast.net
941-408-5363
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 10, 2008
Advertise in the town the home is in, the buyer looks in the town they want to be in. Just make sure your information is available for that buyer to get it. more information email me at loriannmertens@yahoo.com
For luxury property I would recommend The Herald Tribune, USA Today, Wall Street Journal on their web as well. Yahoo UK and FR would work too...
Web Reference: http://www.sumnerrealty.com