Beth, Home Buyer in Orland Park, IL

What is the best way to compare new subdivisions and builders before buying?

Asked by Beth, Orland Park, IL Thu Apr 10, 2008

I counted 14 newer construction subdivisions in area code 46473...I am looking to spend under 350,000 and it must include a three car garage.

Answers

2
That is a great question. I'm going to assume you mean 46373 (Saint John, IN) There are many factors that come in to play. First of all there are actually two school districts that are within 46373. Also depends on the features and or qualities that you are looking for in a house. I specialize in the 46373 area and would be glad to answer specific things for you. I would strongly encourage you whether its my team or any REALTOR that you have someone representing you as the buyer. If you are talking directly to the builders and/or the agent that is selling the house( they work for the builder) you are not getting the representation you deserve, the best part is that buyer representation is paid for by the seller and/or builder. Call Us.(219) 488.0299
Web Reference: http://www.TriTownGroup.com
The best ways I know to evaluate a builder are:
1. Ask an experienced Realtor what their opinion of this builder's quality is. (Use an independent Realtor, not someone afiliated with this builder, obviously)
2. Ask people in the area who may have experience with a particular builder. Is he easy to work with, does he deliver on time, does he work on the crew or subcontract it all out.
3. Go look at a few examples of his work. Often times you can go to a model home. Look in the basement (if there is one) at the way the home is built, the quality of construction and materials used. Bring someone with you who has some knowledge of how homes are built
4. Look at the finish work, do the moldings match up, are the doors & windows hung straight & true, walls plumb, are there extras included, are the appliances top of the line or middle grade, are there services available nearby, (health care, parks, shopping), is the school district good, how are the houses holding up over time, what about the resale values. There are all things to consider.