Home Buying in Weston>Question Details

Monique, Other/Just Looking in Staten Island, NY

What is the best place in Ft lauderdale/Miami area for people with young kids? ,

Asked by Monique, Staten Island, NY Tue Jul 14, 2009

Looking for great schools, great community of children and parks etc, and close enough access to get to either ft lauderdale or miami for work. I keep reading about Weston, Pembrooke, Cooper city but how is the commute? Are there alot of young families in any of those?

Answers

7
Good afternoon!

The answer to your question is 'WESTON" I'll be more than happy to assist you! Please give me a call or just drop me an e-mail with what you're looking for! I have few listings that I can show you!

My phone number is 954 540- 1025 and my e-mail is regallegos2@yahoo.com

Thanks and Have a wonderful weekend!
To me Weston is a perfect place to grow up to children
Overall, Weston encompasses the lifestyle that families with children are looking for; "A" rated schools with low density, excellent safety record with marginal crime rates, plenty of parks, houses and worship and convenient shopping and great access to highways.
John,

What are you talking about? Weston does not resemble Long Island at all. The people that live in Weston are friendly and like to connect with one another and 80% of the population comes from South America.

Sean.
Monique,

Any of the locations that you mentioned would be a fairly easy commute. I know many people who work in Miami and live in this area. Getting to Ft. Lauderdale is very easy and has direct access from I 595. Weston and Cooper City are known for their schools. In 2007 House and Garden Magazine named Cooper City one of the top 5 cities to raise a family. Originally being from New York myself, this is an easy adjustment to make. If you would like additional information on housing and the area in general, feel free to contact me.

Stefanie Cohen
Prudential Florida Realty
954-547-9203
Scohen77@aol.com
Hello to a fellow Staten Islander! (I grew up in Port Richmond).

Those areas you mentioned are all nice. Weston is closest to I-595, which takes you east for access to I-95 to Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Pembroke Pines extends pretty far west, so that parts of it are close to I-75, which gives you a couple of options for commuting to the east. I think your best bet would be to check out a few homes in each area, get a feel for which you like, and then do a test commute or two. That will help determine what you feel comfortable with.

Now about the numbers of young families in any of those areas - while there are certainly some in each, it is going to vary a bit from one neighborhood to the next. But once you've got it narrowed down, I can help you with some demographic research.

Please feel free to get in touch at your convenience. Thanks Monique!

Diane Loveridge
Majestic Properties
(786) 210-3449
dloveridge@mindspring.com
Monique,

Weston, Pembroke Pines, and Cooper City are good areas. I am partial to Weston, since I live here. Weston, has all a+ schools, many family activities, and great parks. Myself coming from Long Island, it is as close as you are going to get to a New York type neighborhood. Let me kow if I can be any help.

John Palmisano