Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Al, Home Buyer in 85138

What is the best part of town(suburb) to look in for quality of life, affordability, and potential return?

Asked by Al, 85138 Sun Jul 1, 2012

We are older looking for a home in the Phoenix area with 3000 SqFt on .5 acre for under $400K.

Answers

11
John Forsyth’s answer
I have lived in the Valley for over 30 years and have a great perspective on all areas.

Please feel free to contact me so I can ask a few questions about what is important for you and your life and how your home and where you live plays into that.

http://www.DesertHomesCentral.com

John Forsyth
Home Smart
602-625-4675
Hi there! I am many testimonials and references that I can provide you with. You can see them on my Trulia profiel. I would be happy to chat with you more about pricing, return, and community ammenties. The Phoenix Metro market is very diverse and there are retirement areas, college campuses, tourist areas, mature neighborhoods, family communities, and cultural/sports neighborhoods. Depending on your personal goals, financial requirements, and preferences, I would be happy to guide you in your search for a home.
Hi Al,

I have been in the business over 30 years and work and LIVE in Anthem, Arizona. I have found it to be quiet peaceful with the city and mountain views and feel it is a nice, pleasant and safe area to live with it's gated communities. It is a master planned community just North of Phoenix with everything to offer someone like you. Anthem has a wide range of prices for homes in the area.

Please give me a call directly @ (602) 524-4787 so we can talk more in detail about your specific interests regarding your new home. I will look forward to hearing from you.

Stan Chernecki
Devstar Realty
(602) 524-4787
Hi Al-

I know of some great areas in the west valley. Give me a call and we'll discuss it.

Jodi Fishback
AZ Premier Realty
602-321-1290
Hi Al,

The Phoenix valley has many great neighborhoods but the combination of 3,000 square feet on a half acre under $400k will limit your selection at this time. You also stated “Potential Return”; That statement begs the question, are you buying to invest and flip or are you an owner-occupant or is this just a second home? This question and others will be critical in helping me, help you.

With regard to home prices: The housing market in the Phoenix valley has pretty much bottomed out and prices have started rise as a result of supply and demand – basically the time to buy is now. The current inventory is low but like many things in life, change is constant. If we work together on a strategy of preparedness and selective targeting, we can be in position to capture the next best deal as it becomes available.

Please consider giving me a call or sending an email to start a dialog of your future real estate plans. There’s never an obligation or a fee, I share my knowledge and experience with the idea of helping you accomplish your goals.

Al Rivera
CDPE
Hunt Real Estate ERA
1860 E. Warner Rd. Ste. 109
Tempe, AZ 85284
602-750-7141
alrivera@cox.net

The following link is brought to you by Albert Rivera. Click the link below to see the properties that Al has selected as examples of those homes that come close to meeting your ideals.
These homes fall within the following criteria: 2,800 to 3,000 Square feet and are within a lot size range of 18,000 to 24,000 square feet (near half acre).
These homes fall within the following criteria: 2,800 to 3,000 Square feet and are within a lot size range of 18,000 to 24,000 square feet.

http://www.flexmls.com/link.html?x0gzxevo4cm,12,1

if you cannot click on this link, copy and paste it to your browser.
This link is valid until 7/10/2012.
That depends! Are you retired or are you still planning on working? How many bedrooms and baths do you desire? Do you want a pool? 2 story home or single story? Need additional information before I can answer your question. What outdoor activities and cultural interests are important to you and your family?

Trey Havre
Realty One Group
623-696-9349
Hi Al:"

Yes, those homes are available now. I, of course, come at the situation from that of a lender. Love to help you get qualified, etc.

I think the Valley of the Sun is a difficult metropolis to describe in large swaths, like I remember we could do back East. I remember the first time I was looking to buy a home here, and one of the obvious things to me was that small neighborhoods of really nice homes could be inter-mixed with areas where people just didn't seem to care. Scottsdale has a "snooty" reputation, and in certain respects deserves the tag, while also having some areas many would prefer not to live. That seems widespread here.

I decided which general area of the Valley I wished to live, based on my needs/desires, then went and drove around to narrow the search, and THEN brought in a realtor to keep an eye on that specific market. (Of course, I got pre-qualified before I wasted the realtors' time driving around, clueless--it is a big Valley).

Do that and you will quickly know which parts will work for you and your family. The rest will take care of itself.

Bill Parker
Bill.Parker@LegacyG.com
Al,

There are many areas to consider. Most areas will give a good return since the market is on the rise, so it will depend upon what you are trying to stay near. The northeast area is very nice but you won't get as much for your money. The southeast area is nice and will give you more home for the $400K you are looking in. If you want to go out a little the best bang for your buck right now is San Tan Valley and Queen Creek. They will see good appreciation as they were hit hard and are recuperating nicely.

If we can be of assistance in your search please give us a call. Also, you can search the FlexMLS like a Realtor through our website at http://www.CunninghamHomesAZ.com for FREE. Or, we can set up an automated search for you that will send you listings as they come on the market that match what you are looking for.

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
Ron: 602-499-0694

** Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley"
Good Morning Al,

The North Valley is a good start with newer homes, I did a quick search and found 22 homes in North Phoenix, Glendale, Peoria, Cave Creek area and a few in Scottsdale that fit your minimum requirements. I am more than happy to help you with your home search, I have been a Realtor for over 13 years and look forward to helping you find the home that meets your needs. Please contact me at your convenience.

Have a GREAT day!

Vivien L Biggs PLC
602-615-9137
Prudential Arizona Properties

Check MLS for homes on my website
http://www.realestatecore.com/
Hi Al,
that is a tough question as there are so many great areas in Phoenix. Right now inventory on homes for sale are very low and prices are being pushed up because of it so there is already appreciation going on. Many investors were buying up cheap homes all over the valley. If you want the best appreciation, stay in areas that have the best schools and close to shopping, freeways and restaurants. I would be happy to discuss your needs further and help you with your search and narrow in some areas.
Best of luck,
Lorrie Feld
Keller Williams Integrity First
480-570-1074
lfeld@azrealtygroup.com
Hello dear Buyer what you are looking is available for what you need; now the other part of your question really need to be answer by people you know in the area , maybe contact a few people on facebook just to chat about metro phoenix

if i can help you find what you need let me know have a great day