Michelle Haa…, Home Buyer in Saco, ME

What is the best investment a 1100 sq ft condo on ocean or 3100 sq ft townhouse ocean views but 3 min walk?

Asked by Michelle Haase, Saco, ME Thu Aug 25, 2011

i obviously would love the townhouse on the ocean i love opening the door to the sand but those condos still so many units in one building i just am afraid to make wrong purchase

Answers

6
Hi Michelle. Any buyer thinking in terms of an investment needs to consider fees and costs, the rental market and the units rental history, the condo association's health, what future developments might effect the value or view, the sold comps for similar units and the time of year as the summer market along the ocean usually means top dollar is being asked. If your not working with a Buyer's Agent, I suggest you do so as a Buyer Agent can advise you and assist you on many of these issues. Whether or not this is a primary residence or second home might effect your decision as well. Some folks might not want new neighbors every week if its their primary residence. There is a lot to consider.
ty i am also interested in 9 Boisvert St
Flag Thu Mar 15, 2012
Hi Michelle,

Well, lots of great information to digest. When would you like to get started? I am ready to walk you through it all. I see you are right here in Saco so just let me know what day/time works best for you.

CJ Dubois-Cote, Prudential Prime Properties, 207-615-1663 or cindy@prubay.com
ty. i am also interested in 9 Boisvert St
Flag Thu Mar 15, 2012
It is almost certain that the waterfront property will appreciate more than the other. As the number of off-ocean homes increases, being built taller and taller and closer and closer together, the greater supply defeats one of the most significant contributors to value: scarcity. Since there are only a few who can claim to be ON the water, and there will never be any more available, the water front home wins.
Hi Michelle;
Tough call. It's more space for your dollars being back a little but, investment-wise, I'd have to go with the 'on the beach' unit. If you aren't working with someone already give me a call and I'll take you through some nice condos I know of. Good luck.
Web Reference: http://www.johnzappia.com/
thank you I do not have an agent at this time I did at that time. I am also interested in 9 Boisvert St
Flag Thu Mar 15, 2012
Hi Michelle - What is better: an apple or an orange? It all comes down tp personal preference.
There are also more factors to consider than just oceanfront vs. ocean view. It is important to know if both properties are correctly priced. What are the fees and taxes?
So... Not enough info here to answer the question. Have your buyer agent do a CMA on both units to determine what is a good selling price. If you can get the unit that you love at a good price, then I say buy what you love. Enjoy it for many years and that is a good investment.
hi the assoc fee is 390 on the ocean 1 grandview ave taxes are 5761 and 275 home owner fees for 42 walnut 4430.00 taxes. I have no agent right now. I had one for a year and cldnt find the home I wanted I am preapproved. I am also interested in 9 Boisvert St it is a home with a inlaw apt. no home owner fees 2 steps to ocean 6600 taxes. I am looking for an someone to help but am however cautious to sign into any contract because of having to wait a year to move and I am the one searching for a place. ty
Flag Thu Mar 15, 2012
Michelle,

I would be happy to discuss the pros and cons of each with you. I am an Accredited Buyer Representative and an expert in the OOB area. You will be buying in exciting times! I look forward to working with you.

You can reach me at: CJ Dubois-Cote, Prudential Prime Properties, 207-615-1663 or cindy@prubay.com
ty i had a broker at that time so i am still looking and now see 9 Boisvert St is available
Flag Thu Mar 15, 2012