Cecilia Goad, Home Buyer in Abilene, TX

What is the best choice for a first time home buyer?

Asked by Cecilia Goad, Abilene, TX Wed Feb 20, 2013

Where to move, how soon to contact a relator? We're looking for a house so we can (finally) get married. We want to ask and look around but have been advised not to bother a relator until we're absolutely sure we want to buy. But we are super lost on what to do and where to start.

Answers

3
Those are very good questions that all homebuyers ask Cecillia. While there is no one right answer here is what I would suggest:

#1 Set Up An Appointment with a lender at a local bank (the one you bank with is a good start. This will let you know the price point you will be able to afford. Being pre-approved for a loan amount speeds up the loan process and tells the Agents you are seriously looking to buy and not just shopping homes.

#2 Decide How Much You Wish To Spend A Home.

#3 Analyze Your Housing Needs & Wants for Housing.

When you have your “Pre- Approval” letter interview with several Realtors/Agents and Real Estate Companies. Don’t rely solely on “word of mouth” or “advertising hype”. Find an Agent/Realtor that fits your home buying style and one YOU feel comfortable with. Once you have your Realtor work only with that Agent. DO NOT CALL FROM SIGNS in front of homes, chances are that Agent/Realtor is representing the SELLER NOT YOU; his/her job is to get the highest price for the house. (this could cost you thousands of dollars in the negation process).

#4 Your Agent/Realtor can send you a list of homes that fit your needs & wants, do a few drive bys of the homes view the neighborhoods day & night time. Set up a showing of ones you like.

Let me know if you have more questions feel free to contact me.

Randy Dodd, ePro, GRI, TAHS
Roasnna’s Realty
2301 Barrow, Abilene TX
cell (325) 733.4405
randydodd@suddenlink.net
Web Reference: http://www.randydodd.net
OK...I would LOVE to help you! I am an Accredited Buyer's Representative & specialize in working with first time home buyers. As a REALTOR, my job is to help you find out if you are ready to buy a house now or to wait. I'm sure you have lots of questions, and there is so many more things that you need to know - but you don't even know it yet!
Feel free to email me or give me a call & we can set up a time to meet & I can go over all the steps to buying a home.
Val Smith, REALTOR
ABR, GRI, SFR
Senter Realtors
325-668-8372
Val@SenterRealtors.com
If purchasing with a mortgage, be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore begin by visiting with any licensed loan officer; also choose an agent to work with, he/she will best guide you....