Home Buying in Topeka>Question Details

Davin, Home Buyer in Topeka, KS

What is the best bank to get a loan at?

Asked by Davin, Topeka, KS Sun Aug 18, 2013

Answers

6
Like any other industry, there are good and bad players. Frankly the bank is sometimes less the issue than the representative that you are working with. You should find someone that offers a lot of different options for mortgage programs and is willing to spend the time to lay them out for you and go over the pros and cons of each. At that point you can check other lenders to make sure that the rate you are being offered is competitive.

I am available to help you at your convenience if you wish.

I can do a full underwriting approval ahead of time if need be and I also offer credit score improvement programs for free while we work on your mortgage.

If you like my answer above, consider clicking on a “Thumbs Up” or “Best Answer”

Robert L. Hanson
Gladewater National Bank
First Time Homebuyer Specialist

Direct: 240-752-7549 Cell: 301-651-7822
Email: robertlh66@verizon.net
NMLS# 695929

Rate quote or live chat with me at the link below:

http://www.loansfromrob.com/quote/
Just so you know banks are definitely not the only source for a loan! There are plenty of other lending sources and companies out there that can be just as good, or even better than banks, especially when it comes to prices. I suggest when you shop around for a loan, to not only look at banks, but other lenders as well.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Brian Nguyen
Sr. Mortgage Banker
NMLS # 659743
Phone: 949.667.2887
brian.nguyen@nafinc.com
I have found that Credit Unions are the fastest, less expensive and have great interest rates.
If you currently have an account with a bank start there. There are hundreds of mortgage brokers who have access to many investors. Ask around to see who had a good experience with one of the loan officers
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
What is the best bank to get a loan? That would depend on the type of loan. Are you considering buying a home or an investment property? Rules are different. The best advise I would give is to shop a couple but, keep in mind if they are each pulling your credit that will be a ding on your credit score. Secondly, the best way to compare is to look at the APR which calculates the interest rates plus the closing cost so you are comparing Apple to Apples. Whatever you do, utilize the services of a "LOCAL' lender the personal attention is invaluable when you are having to gather so much information. Finally, I recommend that home buyers tell the lender what they want their monthly payment to be then, the lender will tell you the purchase price. Best Wishes and call me if you like what you have heard here and want additional help.
If you have a relationship with a bank, talk to the loan officer there and see what type of loan(s) you qualify for - for the type of property you are wanting to buy. And like Debbie said often a Realtor can help match you up with a bank or mortgage officer for the property or type of property you are looking for. Please check my website out and feel free to call or email me anytime. Good luck in your home search!
There are lots of great banks to get a loan at. Try doing some comparison shopping. Ask friends and family where they have gone. If you have a realtor they should will be able to give you some recommendations. If you don't have a realtor please contact me and I will be happy to help you with finding a lender.