Home Buying in Newport Beach>Question Details

AL, Home Buyer in Brooklyn, NY

What is the best area to live in Newport Beach for public schools?

Asked by AL, Brooklyn, NY Thu Jul 11, 2013

Might be relocating from NYC with my husband (who will be working in Costa Mesa) and 1 year old, I was wondering what is the best area to live in Newport Beach for public schools?

Answers

11
Kirsten Wilson’s answer
In Newport Beach, Lincoln and Anderson are great schools. Both schools receive significant community funding despite bring public schools. I have a preference for Lincoln because the campus is nicer and newer. The education is largely perceived as equivalent. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have additional questions. I can also assist you with your mortgage pre-approval and suggest some local Realtors to assist you in your property search.

Kirsten Wilson
Bank of Manhattan
26 Corporate Plaza
NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92660
949.584.0943
Kwilson@bankofmanhattan.com
Keyloans@yahoo.com
Congratulations on your upcoming relocation to Newport Beach. You will be happy to find the the public schools in the Newport Unified School District are very good. What ages are your children. I have an 8 and 10 year old and would happy to give you specific advice. Please contact me at ttaylor@surterreproperties.com

Tanya Taylor
I am a product of the Newport-Mesa School District! I attended Anderson Elementary (grew up in Harbor View on the "Port" Streets, Lincoln Middle School (which is now an elementary school), and Corona del Mar HS.
Focus on the areas of Newport Beach that feed Corona del Mar as the High School. CdM is consistently ranked as one of the top schools in the County. This would be Harbor View, Corona del Mar, Eastbluff, Big Canyon, and Spyglass.
I would be happy to assist you, and provide you additional information on houses available in the area!
Nicole Fedorchek, Realtor
Tarbell, Realtors
714-914-5097
realtornicolef@gmail.com
It is true, Newport Beach has some of the top rated school districts in the country, also you have near buy adjoining cities Huntington Beach and Fountain Valley which are excellent.

All of these cities are expensive, but Newport is very dear. Feel free to call me and ask about what schools, home prices are in the area.

I am only doing mortgages now, but I know a lot of agents in the area, I used own a real estate brokerage in Huntington Beach, (the next city over) and would be glad to help you anyway I can.

No need to do any business with me, glad to help.

Rich Littlefield
949-297-1207
NMLS 287206
I would say The Port Streets, Newport Heights, Dover Shores, East Bluff, Corona Del Mar and Newport Coast.
These listed are all really great areas in Newport Beach near great public schools in the Newport Mesa School District. :)

I'd be more than happy to give you further info (if need be.)

Marlene Castellanos
Newport Mesa Unified School district has very good public schools.
Newport Elementary school is a wonderful school if you like to live close to the beach. Newport Height Elementary is also very good if you do not want to live somewhere that's always crowded and packed with cars on the street during summer. You can also find more information regards to the boundary, rating etc on the following link...

http://web.nmusd.us/cms/page_view?d=x&piid=&vpid=122…

Nica C.
Dear AL,

I live in Corona del Mar. I have two daughters who attended Harborview Elementary, then Corona del Mar High School. Harborview is a fantastic elementary school. The school itself is small in size, a little older, but the quality of the teachers, staff and families cannot be beat! CDM runs from 7th grade through 12th. Dropping your 7th grade daughter off with 12th graders with full grown beards is a little frightening -- but then again, the teachers, staff and families cannot be beat. I moved from Laguna Niguel before the girls started 2nd grade -- I haven't regret the move!
Newport Beach has excellent schools, and having raised my daughters in this area, and still have one at Newport Harbor High School. I have been very pleased with the education here. Depending upon where you live will determine which school your child will attend. Here is the Newport Mesa school locator which will show you when you input an address.

Also, you can look at the following site for the school ratings. http://www.greatschools.org/

If I can answer any other questions, please let me know.
Al, Newport Beach has access to the some of the best Public Schools in Orange County.
Hi Al,

I provide quite a bit of this information on my website. http://www.pwalshrealestate.com Newport is great city and has a lot to offer. Most of the schools in Newport have a 7-10 rating. Feel free to visit my website or contact me for more information.

Thank you.
Priscilla Walsh
Hello AL,

Newport-Mesa Unified is the school district for public schools in Newport Beach and Costa Mesa. There are several good/great schools in Newport Beach. Which ones you may have your child/children attend, will depend on which area you reside in Newport Beach.

Here's some preferred public elementary schools in Newport Beach:
Newport Elementary which is one of only three schools in the entire country on the beach.
Newport Heights, Mariners, Andersen and Eastbluff Elementary are all good choices as well. If your in the Corona del Mar area of Newport Beach, look at Harbor View and Lincoln Elementary. Regarding the area of Newport Coast, there is Newport Coast Elementary.

These schools do vary on attendance size, rankings, location, etc. You can attain quite a bit of information over the internet.

Hope that helps as a starting point in your research and good luck if you do decide to transfer. As a resident of Newport Beach with three sons, we have a lot of experience regarding this topic.

Of course, if you need additional help on relocating to Newport Beach, including the local schools, feel welcomed to contact me.

Mike