Home Buying in Fresno>Question Details

Nancy, Other/Just Looking in Los Angeles County, CA

What is the best area in Fresno to invest in a single family home for rental purposes..and is $100,000 a realistic find?

Asked by Nancy, Los Angeles County, CA Thu Apr 11, 2013

Answers

2
The best area would be around the University, in zip code 93710:
The houses were built in the '70's mostly.
A lot have been foreclosures.
There have been a lot of fixers and flips.
And, NO, $100,000 is pretty much limited to the seedier areas, south of town.
I would venture that you're in the $150,000 and $160,000 range, (starting), and that would necessitate some repairs and updates.
Some are 3/1 but most are 3/2, 1200 to 1700 sqft. with 2 car garages and 1/4 acre lots.

Many parents buy the houses for their student kids, and sell them after 4 years.

Good luck and may God bless
Nancy,

Depends on where in Fresno you want to invest, how you plan on managing the property and what kind of income you want to generate.

A quality home at $100,000 is going to be hard to find if the market continues moving upward in the Fresno area.

Have you considered multifamily units like a duplex or quad?

If I can help find you properties you could use for rental would you be ready to buy? Timing is everything right now, and my last 2 listings had quality offers within 24 hours of listing.

Hope this helped, and please feel free to contact me if I be of further assistance.