1sttime, Home Buyer in 60626

What is the average pricing for homeowners insurance for a multi-unit (2 flat) in Rogers Park 60626?

Asked by 1sttime, 60626 Thu Aug 5, 2010

I'm a 1st time homebuyer & want more info as to what to look for in an insurance company. What should all be included in the quote? I looked for reviews with the agents I am currently working with and there are not many reviews about them.

Answers

6
To add my voice to the chorus, yes, you can ROUGHLY expect to pay somewhere around $100/mo. or 1200-1500 annually. (figure $150/mo. if you want to be safe & conservative with your cost estimates.) As Cherrie mentioned above, yes, there are many factors that will actually affect the true price you will pay. But these are all good ballpark numbers.

Want an even better estimate? Call an insurance agent! (State Farm, American Family, Allstate, etc, etc.)

And no, I am not an insurance agent. (haha)

Best of luck with your multi-unit investment - a smart decision - you are on your way to a bright future!

Matt Diehl

773-710-8818 (call/text)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 28, 2012
2 flat in Rogers Park or West Ridge probably around +/- $1200 - 1500 a year. Amount of coverage and exact area will make a difference. Ours was about 1200.
Your credit score will also be a factor with some providers. Some weigh your score more or less for rates, some don't yet use your score. American Family is notorious for using your credit score to adjust rates. I've heard numerous horror stories from clients who's credit scores fell and American Family jacked their rates severely. One client had coverage for 12 years, never a claim, but his rates doubled+ when his credit score dropped during a divorce.
Web Reference: http://www.aic-chicago.com
I usually advise my clients that it will cost about $100 per month. Like anything else, you can pay more if you have bad credit, filed a claim, etc. Keep in touch, I live in the area and work it.

Mark Malave
773-435-1605
Web Reference: http://www.markamalave.com
Unfortunately, there is no "average" pricing for home insurance. It really depends on your credit, the condition of the property, the history of the property, the amount covered, the location of the property, etc. You should get a couple quotes and then compare. A couple things to look at when comparing are the amount of coverage and deductible. I have a couple agents that I strongly recommend. Shoot me an email if you would like their contact information.

Cherrie Catama
Newman Realty
cherrie@newmanrealtyillinois.com
I need contact information
Flag Sun Jun 2, 2013
Expect to pay about $1500/yr give or take depending on the condition of the building, fuses or circuit breakers, space heaters or not, owner occupied or investment.

philip
For any homeowner's insurance information/quotes you may need, consider contacting a few different local insurance companies and ask for estimates based on your needs--much will depend on location, size, etc.