Home Buying in Minneapolis>Question Details

j4bentley, Real Estate Pro in Columbia Heights, MN

What is the average price per square ft in Minneapolis?

Asked by j4bentley, Columbia Heights, MN Tue Aug 20, 2013

Answers

6
There is an average. Here it is: http://thething.mplsrealtor.com/Service/s/1FZ9-t3O

All the best!

Ben Younan
651-278-6945
Ben@results.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Sep 4, 2013
$137 per square foot. Minneapolis square foot price and this sentence is for the minimum.
J4bentley sorry nobody actually answered your question - you asked for average price per sq ft in Minneapolis - as of right now today for single family homes all active in Minneapolis that answer is $144.93 - for same area but sold last 2 months its $137.52. I won't go into all the differences and how sq foot price varies etc because that wasn't your question. If you need anything else let me know 612-282-7653.
Hi - There is an average per sq.ft. when comparing 'like' homes based on statistics. Yet, even that is skewed as statistics don't tell you what quality or finishes, landscaping, exterior materials and if includes a finished basement within the home.

Mostly the per sq.ft price comes with new construction. After the home is built, it becomes somewhat obsolete as some have finished basements, some do not. And you cannot have a price per sq.ft. when it's much less expensive to finish a basement that already has exterior walls.

I believe what you should be looking for is the comparable pricing for the type of property you are/will be looking at. In the end, it'll be what type, price range, style, etc. that speaks to you.

If you need assistance I would be more than happy to discuss this with you.

If you like this answer or if it was useful to you, a quick click on the green 'thumbs up' would be appreciated.

Kim Eisen
"Helping People Make Smart Real Estate Decisions since 1980"
(651) 457-HOME (4663)

http://www.QuickHomesSearch.com
Ron is correct. If you want to buy or build, start with your budget and a good realtor. We are skilled in finding the best possible property for you in your price range with the details you want. Even with a modest budget you can get a home that fulfills your must haves. Good luck! Liz 612-986-4105
There is no average number.

It depends on the area of the city, type of home, finishes and many other things.

I hope this helps.