taylorj10, Home Buyer in Sparrows Point, MD

What is the average price per sqaure foot for non waterfront land in sparrows point/millers island 21219?

Asked by taylorj10, Sparrows Point, MD Thu Feb 21, 2013

Answers

4
Hi Taylorj10, I will be happy to prepare a comparative market analysis for you. This will show nearby properties and their price ranges which can be calculated down to square feet. contact me miekeba@heymannrealty.com

Miekeba Jones
Heymann Realty, LLC
direct 240.715.8284
office 301.439.1180
miekeba@heymannrealty.com
Real estate in Maryland is generally valued by the market approach, comparing other recently sold homes or land. In that equation I have never seen price per s.f. be a factor as it is in many other areas of the country. It is however factored in to the overall value by comparing the total s.f. / or lot size of comparable homes/land to the one you are interested in.

With waterfront lots your depth, view and access are going to be major factors as well.
If you are talking about the average price per square foot for a home, then June provides the answer for you. If you are talking about the average price per square foot for a lot, then again there are variations. For instance, a lot of .17 acre or 7500 square feet, the tax assessed value for many of these lots in Millers Island is about $140,500, however a lot of twice that size would not be twice that value. In fact, many of the lots of .34 acre or 15,000 square feet are only assessed at about $143,500, which is almost the same as a lot half its size. To discuss this in more detail and to determine the value of any particular lot which may interest you, then you can contact me directly at 410-935-5844. Ron Trzcinski
Thanks Ron and I would agree for most waterfront lots i've seen anything from 21-42 p/ sq ft and non waterfront 9-14 p/ sq ft in millers isle
Flag Thu Feb 21, 2013
That's a really difficult question because the price of a home is determined by so many factors. Those factors include condition, ammenities, square footage, functional obsolescence (number of bedrooms and bathrooms), types of utilities, garage or driveway or street parking and so many other factors. I'd be happy to discuss your options with you and help you determine the value of your property in a no obligation meeting or conversation on the phone, but any evaluation is much better done in person when I can show you differences and similarities and discuss how your home is similar or different from other homes that have sold in your area.