Rick, Both Buyer and Seller in 92026

What is the average price of homes in San Marcos, CA? and what is the average price for condos in San Marcos, CA?

Asked by Rick, 92026 Wed Jan 13, 2010

Mainly 3beds/2baths...I prefer areas around Woodland Parkway

Answers

8
Lela Hankins’ answer
Hi, Rick,
Right now there are 103 detached homes for sale in San Marcos with an average list price of $489,000. In addition there are about 42 condos and townhomes for sale with an average price of $238K.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 13, 2010
Hi Rick,

For Condos & THS:, 3 BR 2BA

THESE ARE ALL AVERAGES
0 for sale
0 in escrow
3 sold - 1382 sf @ $237,500 - 12 days listed

Best to you,

Mark and Kari Shea
Real Estate Experts Serving San Diego County
Specialists in Investment Properties, Foreclosures, Short Sales,
Development Opportunities & Traditional Real Estate
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 13, 2010
Hi Rick,

Given the size of the area, that takes a wide variety of homes into account. From old to new and from poor condition to excellent condition. With that said, in the area surrounding Woodland Parkway:

THESE ARE ALL AVERAGES
10 for sale - 1571 sf @ $325,000 - 84 days listed
9 in escrow - 1576 sf @ $318,000 - 59 days listed
30 sold - 1437 sf @ $304,500 - 22 days listed

We hope this helps.

Best to you,

Mark and Kari Shea
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 13, 2010
Rick,
Since you have already had some answers to your question, I would like to take a different approach and give you some information that you can use.
San Marcos Homes Market Summary Zip 92069, Zip 92078
Median San Marcos Homes Asking Price $380,000 $549,000
List Price per Square Foot $187 $202
Average Days on the Market for San Marcos Homes 147 131
Median San Marcos Homes Size (sqft) 2075 2672
Median # of Bedrooms 4.0 4.0
Median # of Baths 2.5 3.0
You can get great statistics at http://www.homeinfosandiego.com/san-marcos-homes-for-sale-ma… (You may have to cut and paste the link). I will have new data for the first weeks in January on my website next week. Or just email me at garyharmon@prusd.com and I will sent you a 15 page current statistical report on San Marcos complete with colored charts and drafts. The report is by Altos Research, the best available. Hope this helps.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 13, 2010
Rick,

I looked more specifially at homes in 92069 (around Woodland Parkway) and found the price for detached homes with 3 beds and 2 baths was around $359,000. Currently, there are no 3bed/2 bath condos "active" in the multiple listing service in that zip code, but there are 5 that are "in escrow." Their average list price is $142,000.

Let me know if I can help further!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 13, 2010
We source Dataquick for monthly stats and the MLS but you will be able to access dataquick.com and you can put in the various zip codes in SM.

In the area that you sited Woodland Pkwy right now 1bedrooms average around $130K and 2 bedrooms about $180K and 3bedrooms on average run $250-325K depending on age of complex. Call us if you want specific examples or if you have specific complex in mind.
Hi Rick, I'm sure you've noticed that there are probably several correct answers to your question. A good round number for a starting point for single family right now is going to be around $200 per square foot, but that is a fairly major generalization. You have to consider age, construction, location, amenities (does it have a pool, hoa, etc), and a lot of other things. I used to live just off of Woodland Parkway and am still in 92026. Let me know if you have specific questions about the area.

scott@scott-schroeder.com
I am very familiar with this area as I not only sell in this area but I am also a resident. single family detached homes range as anywhere but if you are spending $350+ you will get a great house. Wtih condos....please be careful...not only are they harder to get loans on many of them have become rentals which devalues the complex. Prices for condos would be approx $200K. Good luck