Home Buying in Vacaville>Question Details

Charles, Both Buyer and Seller in 23188

What is the average listing price vs sold price on foreclosures in the Vacaville area that are purchased all cash?

Asked by Charles, 23188 Mon May 9, 2011

Answers

4
Charles: If you are trying to come up with an offer price then it's really best to look at recent sold comparables for the size and number of bedrooms that you are thinking of buying. Trying to figure out averages by listing versus sold price won't give you a clear picture of what the property will appraise for and therefor it's value like recent sold comparables will.

It also depends on how long the property you are trying to buy has been on the market and what shape it is in. I've had cash buyers miss out on properties many times because they are in better shape and bring competing buyers. Sellers will take a financed buyer who will pay more than a cash buyer who offers less.

You need to analyze everything that's sold in the neighborhood within the last 90 days and take into consideration the length of time the home has been on the market and what shape it is in.

Contact an agent who pays for and has access to the full MLS records as they can see how long a property was listed and how it sold and if there were any seller concessions.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon May 9, 2011
Hi Charles,

I live and work in Vacaville and keep track of the stats. Sorry to get to this question so late in the game, but in the past three months (June-Sept 3) foreclosed homes have sold for 98% of their list price. The MLS doesn't allow me to separate out cash sales, but my experience is that cash sales tend to sell for aprox 90-95% of list price.

Hope this helps!

Patty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 3, 2011
Hello Charles,

I agree with Jane. If you would like a list of properties sold, active and pending in your area, please click on my profile and send me an email so I can send you the list.
Any local agent/realty office can provide you the information, consider a call...