Home Buying in Memphis>Question Details

The Hunting…, Home Buyer in Memphis, TN

What is the average days on market in Memphis?

Asked by The Hunting Hubby, Memphis, TN Fri Apr 16, 2010

Answers

6
You may want to go to http://www.maar.org
They have market statistics under the media section of the website.
It is a good starting point for that kind of information.
I'm an investor and look at property all over the area. And it is true, DOM is a local measurement. Ask the agent to see the Market Conditions Report for your property, it will show the median comparable listing days on market. This will be for comparable properties near you.
A broker here in town flat out told me 80 days. After which time the seller may reduce his price. He was currently at 65 DOM.

Just want to cross reference what I am being told.
I am sorry - I have to agree with Anna - this is too loaded and unspecific of a question. Some properties are relisted with different brokers, put into another catagory and is misleading on the DOM. I have an area of Germantown I sell in, that for the last 2 years have never had a listing last more than 4 days, while there has been listings in other areas that have had "fall out" due to fianancing concerns.
I totally understand that. Memphis is a very unique market. I just want to know what the avg DOM right now 4/16 is on the area.

And it would be awesome if anyone knew Cordova, Bartlett and Germantown as well.

Thank you.
Keep in mind that average days on the market have many factors, such as location, price, size, condition, school district, etc.