Home Buying in North Port>Question Details

Lee, Home Buyer in Toronto, OH

What is the average cost for 1. Home inspection 2. Survey plan 3. Property Appraisal for an average home

Asked by Lee, Toronto, OH Tue Mar 24, 2009

in North Port. I expect to be closing soon and I want to know as I currently reside in Canada

Answers

5
Jmullen’s answer
For future reference.....

I am a licensed Residential Builder and licensed Home Inspector here in Florida. Florida recently passed another statute creating yet another trade license regulating "Home inspectors" and requires this license (an "HI" license) regardless of the inspector's prior "certifications" or experience. My inspection reports are more extensive than most, as I have been a custom home builder for 30 years and specialize in remodeling and additions. Since I am very familiar with current building codes and the way a structure goes together, I always provide additional info to the client others cannot.

My home inspections start at $300.00 for a single family home up to 2000 sq/ft. A Wind Mitigation report is $100.00, and is used to submit to your property insurer to reduce your insurance premiums. I also provide a "Pre-Sale" home inspection for sellers and/or their listing agents at a reduced cost of $250.00 and host ALL of my inspections on my web site. With the seller's permission, I can provide the link to your report to your listing agent who can include it in your internet/MLS listing. A fantastic way to set your offering apart from the rest and increase interest in a walk-through!!
Jim Mullen
http://www.radiant-Homes.com
Lee

An appraisal will run about $325 to $350, a Survey on a standard lot should be about $250 to $300 and a home inspection should be between $250 and $350. Depending on the age of the home I also recomend a roof mitigation report to save money on home owners insurance. If you are paying cash and need recomendations for vendors I am 10 miles up the road in Venice and can recomend some excellent service providers.

May I also suggest you ask the seller if they have a copy of the Survey and prior title policy. This will eliminate the cost of the survey and if the prior title policy is 3 years old or less you can recieve a reissue credit which save approximatly 30%. If the home is a Foreclosure the bank will not have these items.

Christopher Lyon
Licensed Mortgage Broker
941-412-1511
Hi Lee!

Since the home that you are closing on is in North Port, and that's the area that I work, I figured my approximations might be helpful. Home inspections generally run $250 to $300. Survey plans depend on whether or not your home is in a flood zone, because if it is, it would require an elevation certificate which would cause the price to double. Most homes in North Port, however, are not in a flood zone so I would say around $200. Appraisals are a different animal entirely because it really depends on the appraiser that the lender wants to use. I would say that they cost around $400, but this is often paid ahead of time. Typically, the cost of appraisal is money that is "lost" if the sale falls through for any reason. All of these amounts are just "typical" prices of an "average" North Port home - none of the amounts are exact.

Hope I've helped!

Roxanne & Shannon Moore
RE/MAX Anchor Realty
http://www.tropicalfloridaproperty.com
Home inspection is around $300. Survey for typical 1 acre lot is $500. Appraisal is $400. Hope this helps.
These fees are typical in West TN.
Web Reference: http://LindaLipscomb.com
Hi Lee,

Not sure about fees in Canada, but here in North Texas, they are approximately, 1. Home Inspection $200~$300 (depends on size), 2. Survey $400 +/- for normal residential size lot, 3. Appraisal $300~$400

I would be interested in hearing how our fees compare to yours, so please share when you find out.
Web Reference: http://www.c21-inman.com