Home Buying in Dallas>Question Details

fakeemail123…, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

What is the average commute time from Flower Mound to down town Dallas?

Asked by fakeemail12345678, Dallas, TX Fri Apr 26, 2013

We would be looking to live south of Flower Mound Road closest to Grapevine. Morning leaving Flower Mound before 7:00 a.m., and evening leaving down town at 6:15-6:30 p.m. Thanks!

Answers

5
Its almost an hour each way. If you don't need you car during the day you may want to try DART since it runs out to Irving now. It will cut down on wear and tear on the car and your psyche. Of course, I'm biased since I am from New Jersey originally so I believe in mass transit. I take DART from time to time since I live in Lewisville and work in S. Dallas.
Ummmm, drive it and find out.
Try it..... you're the best judge of where you drive and how you drive.

I'd guess about 45mins....down and 1hr coming back.

Check out Flower Mound homes at this link:
http://www.metroplexhomesalesinfo.com/listings/areas/23482/m…
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Hi there

Its going to be about 1 hour going to down and probably 1:15 when you go home.

Have you thought about moving closer to downtown as there are a lot of options out there

Dixon
http://www.findyourtexashome.com
I'm in Coppell and it's 45 minutes for me to go downdown during that time. It's about 20 minutes from Coppell to that area of Flower Mound in the morning, so it's over an hour.

Alysse Musgrave
Flat Fee Exclusive Buyer Broker
Thank you all for your answers. I have made the drive from the house 7 times. In the morning it is generally 30-35 minutes. In the evening it is generally 35-40 minutes. I'm not sure about the other times posted above. I am moving from Coppell. From Coppell (town center area), it takes me approximately 27-30 minutes in the morning and 30-35 minutes in the evening. It has never taken me 45 minutes to get to downtown from Coppell leaving before 7:00 a.m. or after 6:30 p.m. (outside of severe weather or a major accident).
Flag Tue May 21, 2013