Trulia San A…, Home Buyer in San Antonio, TX

What is the average closing period in San Antonio in the current market?

Asked by Trulia San Antonio, San Antonio, TX Tue Jan 29, 2013

Answers

13
Alex Trevino’s answer
Depending on the loan vehicle, lender and yourself the buyer it's anywhere from two weeks to 45 days. If you've not found a lender yet feel free to contact me and I can assist you! I work with the best in SA and if a quick close is what your looking for they can do it!
I agree with my associates, it has many variables depending on the property and the type of financing you can acquire for the property.

Another factor is the work load on the lenders and the title companies throughout the periods of the year. Spring/Summer is the high point of the season and there is a massive increase on the demand of the professionals who will be involved in getting you from point A to point B.

If you have not purchased a home before, I will be glad to give you some time to consult with you on the different areas and homes available which could in turn affect your financial options for purchasing a home.

I am here to help

Gregory Touchstone
Keller WIlliams
210-660-2834
It depends on the type of loan and lender. Most closings occur in 30-45 days unless you have cash.
It depends on the type of loan and the type of lender, but your loan officer should be able to give you a general idea of how long it will take to close when you first meet. I can give you the names of a few local lenders if you are still looking.
Web Reference: http://realestatemuses.com
It really depends on the lender you choose. Are they local or did you pick them off the internet? Local lenders are best because you can get in contact with them quickly and sit down, face to face to discuss your particular situation. I have several lenders that do a great job and can usually close in 30 to 45 days. Your Realtor can negotiate a quicker move-in date if you are needing to get into a home before your closing date.

Let me know if there is anyway I can help make this a smooth transition for you.

Thanks so much,
Tiffany Stephens
210.683.7318
Cash deal? 10 to 20 days, FHA loan? from 30 to 45 days, up to 60 if it is a 203k, VA loan 30 to 60 days, etc,
My recommendation to you is to ask you loan officer at the time of interview, since it is case by case.
Good Luck.
Jose L. Novelo
To be honest, it really depends on a lot of factors. First, are you getting a loan? Second, are you using a particualr kind of loan product that has special funding requirements, like USDA or NACA loans. These take a little longer to process. The typical cash deal can close in 10 days as it can take that long for Title, but it can be faster. A loan deal can take as little as 30 days and really as long as 60 days if using special loan progams. There are even some special portfolio loans that take a little longer.

I hope this helps. I have some great lenders if you are looking to buy a home with a loan.

Terri
Terri Saari, Realtor®
GRI, MCNE, SFR, e-Pro, ABR, ALHS, CHMS, CNHS
Certified Relocation Specialist
Retired United States Air Force
Kimberly Howell Properties
21252 Gathering Oak, Ste 100, San Antonio TX 78260
210-887-3477 Cell
210-493-6888 Office
210-493-7002 Fax
http://www.WelcomeHomeToSA.com
Texas' FIVE STAR Realtor 2012 and 2011 as seen in Texas Monthly
Platinum Top 50 Award Winner 2011/2012

Texas Law requires all Real Estate Licensees to give the following information about brokerage services: Please click or cut and paste this URL into your browser Http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf
All of my clients close in about 30 days or less.. But the lender I work with is amazing

Jason
177 homes were reported sold and closed to the San Antonio MLS in the last 7 days. The average number of days from contract to closing was 39.8.

Leah McNamara BPOR CRS GRI
Broker
Best Practices Realty
Phone or Text (210) 379-2799
30 days average for fha and conventional financing.
The average closing period in San Antonio depends on what type of financing you plan to use. A cash deal can close much quicker. Typically 30 to 45 days to close for any other type of financing. Generally a lender will have the best answer for your specific transaction since they are aware of turn around times for underwriting, appraisal, etc.

Shail Patel
Keller Williams Alamo Heights
(210) 454-2904
shailgpatel@kw.com
It really depends on the type of loan. It can run between 30 and 45 days. I you contact Michael Kidd at frontier lending he will be able to better answer your question. His number is 210-530-1247 or 210-789-5437.
Vince Arnall
Depends on the lender really. Mine can get you closed within 30 days. Some take 30-45, others 60. I prefer to stick with the answer of average of 30 days. Unless USDA, then 45-60.
Call me if you ave more questions or would like to discuss it further. I'll be happy to help!

Reba Gandara, Realtor
Keller Williams City View
210.378.6059
http://www.SanAntonioHomesByReba.com
RebaGandara@aol.com