Home Buying in Naples>Question Details

Trulia Naples, Other/Just Looking in Naples, FL

What is the average closing period in Naples these days?

Asked by Trulia Naples, Naples, FL Tue Apr 30, 2013

Answers

22
All closing costs are based on the price of the property; however, some items are standard regardless of the cost of the house. Ask your closing agent for an estimate; you will get an exact price within days of closing. KathyBC 800-448-3411 x601...(7/31)
Actually, some closing costs are based on the price, and some are based on the loan amount. Depending on the down payment, those numbers can be very different from each other. This is why its best to find a Realtor who also has a background in Mortgage Financing, and who has bought and sold dozens of homes themselves. Experience is everything in our business. Being able to answer all of a clients questions, and not just some, is critical, I believe.
Flag Thu Aug 1, 2013
We typically can get it closed within 3-4 weeks. Let me know if you would like any other information.
30 days is what you should expect. Of course, it depends on the loan program you choose. Most often, if a contract needs to be extended, it usually has to do with a buyer not providing proper documentation in a timely manner. Try to start your loan process with a complete file, and respond to any requests for additional documents as quickly as possible. Every day counts.
Hello!

There are many great answers below.

If you would like to know more about the Naples area (school maps, resident & visitor guides, golf communities, area events, beach info, live webcams, etc.) go to my website http://www.NaplesListed.com. Oh yeah...you can search for homes too & read about our current market conditions.

Please contact me directly, I am here to help!

Justine Williams
Realtor - Amerivest Realty
239.404.0692
NaplesListed@gmail.com

http://www.NaplesListed.com
http://www.NaplesListed.info
http://www.facebook.com/NaplesListed
Answer the same as my answer in April...depends upon how you are paying; mortgages can take up to 90 days, bank REO longer. KathyBC 800-448-3411 x 601 (6/24)
Real estate transactions can be closed very quickly for a cash buyer. However, it is best to give your self at least two weeks so you can get thru your inspection period comfortably, have time to review the title commitment and manage the rest of the details for closing.

I have a lender I can recommend to set you up with a pre-approval prior to selecting your property and then close you very quickly. He recently closed a buyer for one of my transactions in less than 2 weeks although 30 days is the normal time for conventional financing. Allow 60 days for VA or FHA financing.

"The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a buyer broker." As stated by AARP and the Consumer Federation of America in REALTOR News.

You will find important information on my homepage for all buyers, including the 21 Critical Mistakes Buyers Make and information about toxic Chinese drywall. See the web reference below.

Beverly Howe, ABR, GRI, TRC, CIPS
broker@floridabuyerbroker.com
1-800-283-7393 US and Canada
239-513-9002 Local Direct
Approximately 30 days...about 50% of transactions are cash so they close quickly...the other half are financed in about 45 days
Typically in this area, closings are 15-45 days depending on whether they are Cash sales or require Financing. Closings requiring financing can vary based on the product you choose, how much you are paying down and your credit scores.

Please check out my website for more information. http://www.NaplesLuxuryRE.com

Sherree

Sherree P Woods, PA
DOWNING-FRYE REALTY, INC
180 9th St S, Suite 300
Naples, FL. 34102
(239) 261-2244
I can only speak of my own sales both financed and cash. For my cash transactions, I have been able to close within 12 to 15 days. For my financed transactions, not more than 45 days. Based on the other agents comments, I'm either lucky OR its the Title companies being used to handle my transactions. Given the other comments, I can certainly understand and appreciate all of your frustrations.
-
-
Realtors and Buyers need to understand how ridiculously hard it is to get any loan closed these days in this ....Obama/ Dodd Frank Act new lending world we're all in! Everyone in the mortgage industry reading this is shaking their head saying...Ain't that the truth!

Closing dates on sale contracts have become simply "Target Dates" and we all know it!

HERE'S WHAT I'D WRITE ON SALES CONTRACTS FOR CLOSING DATES:

Closing within 45 days with best efforts of closing in 30 days

or

Closing within 60 days with best effort of closing in 35 days

====
Steve is correct. Too many realtors think that the date they type onto a contract, is the date the lender must close by. How arrogant! Folks need to remember that lenders do NOT have to fund a loan, and can deny it at any time, including just prior to closing. Lenders lend money once they have determined the borrower has the ability to repay, and most likely will. Since agents were writing 30 day contracts BEFORE all of the new legislation, laws, and lending guidelines, it baffles me that they have not adjusted accordingly. It seems that instead of writing a 45 day contract, and being pleased when it closes sooner, they prefer to write a 30 day contract, and then whine and complain when it goes past 30 days. How about that.....they are not lending money, yet want to dictate when the lender will fund. And I am a Realtor.
Flag Fri Jul 5, 2013
The typical closing period in Naplse for a cash transaction is usually 30 days, and 45 days for a financing transaction.
Vivian Ferreira
If a bank is involved plan on 45-60 days.
If it is a cash transaction it can be done in 30.
Always use a qualified home inspector.
I can tell you the averages exactly for 2013.
Overall 46 days
Short sale 134 days
Bank Owned 40 days
Regular sale 38 days
Cash buyer 44 days
Conventional Mortgage 53 days
LEARN MORE:
http://www.naplesx2.com/naples-florida-real-estate-report/
-
-
FLORIDA MORTGAGE BROKER

With the negative effects of all the new Obama over-regulations and the Dodd Frank Act, HVCC, they have slowed lending down to a crawl!

Any Lender or Broker who says different is full of what comes out of the south end of a north bound bull...and they know it!

Realtors and consumers are starting to realize that closing dates on a sales contract is nothing more than a TARGET date only.

If you want a real eye opener to THE WAY THINGS REALLY ARE, click on this Forbes link (skip the ad) and read.....The Perfect Loan File : http://www.forbes.com/sites/moneybuilder/2012/03/09/the-perf…

=
My customers have used different lenders and i have not experienced any problems. the closing was done within 30 days.
Flag Wed May 1, 2013
IF YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT CLOSING A SALE..IT WILL DEPEND ON THE PROPERTY, SELLER, AND PRICE RANGE..SOME CLOSE MUCH FASTER THAN OTHERS, AND IT WILL ALSO DEPEND ON IF YOU ARE A ALL CASH BUYER OR ARE GETTING FINANCING.. BUT I WOULD TELL YOU NOT TO GENERALLY EXPECT ANY THING LESS THAN 60 DAYS, AND MORE LIKELY CLOSE TO 75-90 DAYS, ONCE ALL THE PAPER WORK IS DONE.

IF YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT CLOSING ON A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, ONCE THE OFFER IS FULLY ACCEPTED AND THE LOAN DOCUMENTS ARE IN UNDERWRITING, EXPECT AT LEASE 45-60 DAYS.

I don't think the average closing period has ever really changed. Closing periods are for a variety of reasons. However 30-60 days is a normal range. Never less than 10 days rarely longer than 120 days.

I hope that helps answer your question. If I may be of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Kind Regards, Kevin

Kevin Rathburn, Realtor
239-269-4575 Direct Line
KRnaples@gmail.com

KevinRathburn.com Integrity-Diligence-Innovation
Depending on the type of financing you will use, typically cash- as short as 12 to 15 days. For loans approx. 35 to 45 days depending on your situation and the lender.
Hope this helps!
Claudette Looker
Mostly 30-60 days after all contingencies released on the Contract. No standard as cash sales can close quicker than sales requiring a mortgage. Furthermore, sometimes the Seller wants am extemded closing date. KathyBC 800-448-3411 ext 601...(4/30)
My last cash transaction was done within 9 days. That included getting Association approval. Financed transaction FHA/ conventional can be done within 30 days.
We have seen 30 days work with a pre-approvef qualified buyer using a lender or less if cash. http://www.NaplesRealEstateGuys.com
Cash- as quick as you can get hoa

Loans seem to be possible in 30
Transactions in south Florida are presumably similar to those in other locations when it comes to the period of time.

A "cash transaction can be processed to closing in a matter of a few days while a financed one could require 45-60 days to close.