Mashieka, Home Buyer in Dallas, TX

What is the average asking price for a five bedroom three bath two car garage?

Asked by Mashieka, Dallas, TX Tue Nov 6, 2007

Answers

7
Jim Johnson’s answer
The best direct answer anyone who replies to your question could give would be anywhere from about $60 +/- to $200+ per sq. ft. in most areas of the country.

If you have a particular property in mind, ask the buyer's agent who is representing you. If you don't have a particular property in mind, make a buyer's representation agreement with a REALTOR member of the MLS, and ask him/her when you find the property you want.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 29, 2008
Zip code or boundaries are needed to answer your question. Condition and age square ft and features are other needed elements to answer/'
That depends on what part of town, year built and etc. Once I receive that info. I can provide you more detail on the average price.
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Median price is about $150,000. You can probably go as low as $100,000 in the outlying areas for new construction and of course the sky is the limit in Preston Hollow and Park Cities area. Let me know if you need more specifics. I have all kind of statistics if you need them.
Web Reference: http://www.teamlynn.com
Bruce Lynn, Real Estate Pro in Coppell, TX
Mashieka,

As has been mentioned, it is very difficult to do this without knowing many other parameters. Any agent can give you an estimate, however I recommend that you hire a buyers representative (agent) to help walk you through the process and to make sure your getting the best value for your dollar by negotiating on your behalf. Please feel free to contact me regarding your home search.
Web Reference: http://www.DavesHomes4u.com
I notice you have specifically notated the zip code - 75243 - currently there are 5 properties for sale that are at least 5 bedroom, 3 baths, 2 car garage. These range from 360K to 1.5M, 3,386 - 7,935 sq feet, year built 1971-1999. In the last 6 months there have been 6 homes sold that fit the same criteria - 150K-427K, 3,028-3,908 sq ft, 1975-1979.
As you can see there is a large range here. When selling a home there are many factors in pricing including - location, age, amenities and condition. When buying the main question is what are you want and what are you willing to pay. As you can see there is a very large range of homes currently for sale in this zip code.
To answer that question an agent needs to view the house and property. There are several things that affect the price of a house. We need to know the age, the condition, acerage, prices of similar houses in area, updates if any. So, it's difficult to answer that without first looking at it and doing a market analysis.