mackybharadw…, Home Buyer in Edison, NJ

What is the approximate cost of constructing a new home of about 2500 sq feet in 08820, with level/type 1 upgrades?

Asked by mackybharadwaj, Edison, NJ Wed May 1, 2013

Answers

6
There are several other fees you need to consider before you hire a General contractor or sub-contractors such as Architectural fees, Land Acquisition fees, Construction and Design Contingencies, legal fees, Construction Manager fee (If you hire one) etc,.Also be prepared to deal with any Environmental related issues on the site such as wetlands (such as Isolated, non-isolated etc,). Be prepared to deal with change orders If the contractor comes up during construction. Also be prepared to have a back-up plan If the contractor leaves the job in the middle or files for bankruptcy while your house is under construction.
I was also interested in that angle, and did some research in Marlboro Area. Spoken with RBA Homes. Their cost start from 130$ / Sq. Foot, depending on your upgrades cost changes. excluding Land and permissions.

If you have more than one, planning to do together, cost will come down. they have many floor plans, on their website.
Depend on how much you want to spend.
it should be 150 to 250 per sq.ft
good luck
Dear Macky,

As a construction engineer and a realtor, my best guess would be $200 to $225 per square feet for construction. This does not include cost of land. Cost of land will vary depending on the location in North Edison.
Call me If you have any additional questions.

Vishal Maher
Hello Macky,

Cost of construction for a specific floor plan will be the very similar in the neighboring zip codes.
It's the land price that will vary based on the neighborhood, lot size etc.

I specialize in New Construction.

Feel free to call me 732 690 8165.

Nanda Joshi.
Nextage M3 Realty.
Hi
Good question. Depends on location. And many factors but a typical house can start at mid 500s and go up. There are lots of things to consider. As I mentioned. Location lot size. Type of exterior. Inside finishes. You would probably be looking at high 5 to 6 hundreds. Let me know if you need further information. Know a few builders and there is land to build on now.