Home Buying in Goodyear>Question Details

barb, Home Buyer in Goodyear, AZ

What is the air traffic noise like in Goodyear/Estrella?

Asked by barb, Goodyear, AZ Wed Mar 20, 2013

Answers

10
Hi Rose

I own a home in Goodyear. The air traffic noise is minimum. There are two airports-
Phoenix Goodyear and Lukes Air Force. Every once in a while you will hear a jet.
Smaller planes fly in and out of the Phoenix-Goodyear Airport.

The best thing to do is spend a little time out here to hear for yourself.
Hi Rose

Hi Rose,

If you choose Estrella Mountain Ranch as a place to move to, I will be more than happy to assist you in your search for that dream home. I will need your personal contact information so I can send over houses per your request, please provide them. You can reply directly to my email so it can be private. I look forward in assisting you in your search.

Erik Dinh
Homesmart Realty
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
We search to buy or rent house in Bay Estrella Mountain ranch in Goodyear, Az
Hi Rose,

Erik Dinh
Homesmart Realty
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Hi Rose,

Erik Dinh
Homesmart Realty
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Hi Rose,

Erik Dinh
Homesmart Realty
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Hi Rose,

Erik Dinh
Homesmart Realty
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Hi Rose,

Erik Dinh
Homesmart Realty
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Hi Rose,

Erik Dinh
Homesmart Realty
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Hi Rose,

Erik Dinh
Homesmart Realty
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Hi Rose,

Erik Dinh
Homesmart Realty
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Hi Rose,

Erik Dinh
Homesmart Realty
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Can send me photos . Traffic noise not bother me because I am deaf anyway. :-)
can send me photos houses?
Hi Barb,

My wife and I have lived in Estrella for eight years now. Our home is at the back end of Phase I. Every weekday afternoon for a brief moment, we hear the F-16s fly over our home on their way to Barry Goldwater Air Force training facility in the southwest corner of Arizona. Our son is also in the Air Force, and the sound of the planes gives us "goosebumps".
Hi Barb

In Goodyear you will occassionally see the Luke's air force jets. Goodyear is located within the disclosure map of Luke's Military Air force Base. I live in Goodyear and seldom do I hear the jets.

The Goodyear - Phoenix Airport has smaller planes that fly in and out. You do hear them. As other agents have mentioned, it is really a matter of personal preference. To me it's back ground noise every once in a while.

Please call or email anytime with Goodyear questions.

Patricia Van Houten
REALTOR®
Diamondback Realty LLC
#1 Producer 2010, 2011 & 2012

15655 W Roosevelt St #101
Goodyear, AZ 85338
602-323-7777 CELL
888-708-5748 FAX
realtorpatty@q.com
Hi Barb,

I initially thought it would be unbearable when I first moved to Palm Valley/ Estrella of Goodyear, but it was quite the opposite. I hardly hear any noises produced from the many practiced flights taking off and landing from both the Luke Air Force Base and Phoenix-Goodyear Airports. The F16's are departing on week days ranging from morning to evening. I guess it all depends on individual tolerances. What I described to you is my personal experiences living within three miles of Luke Air Force Base and flight path of many of these practice flights.

When I am inside my residence, I could hardly hear the noise produces externally from both planes and automobiles. I can contribute to the improved construction quality of many of the newer homes, some of these homes are retrofitted with double, triple and even quadruple pane windows insulating the interior from many of the external noises produced from the environment.

Again, sound tolerance are experienced differently from different individuals. I would recommend you visiting this area yourself to experience it first hand, many times it is the best way to confirm any doubts prior to an investment.

Please contact me anytime for further discussions or services, don't hesitate to call me if you need to speak further about Palm Valley/ Estrella of Goodyear. I look forward to our future mutual endeavors.

Erik Huy Dinh
Homesmart
erikdinhvyp@gmail.com
602-616-7277
If I lived there, I would probably be spending a lot of time outside watching the planes. I love watching our military planes.
Flag Tue Aug 19, 2014
This is a great question. You would certainly want to tour different neighborhoods in the community to find out which one works for your needs.
I've lived in Goodyear for 10+ years and folks rarely talk about the aircraft, never mind any noise complaints. The noisiest area is going to be near Luke AFB between Indian School Road & Camelback due to the runways. The majority of flying occurs from 7 AM to 7 PM, with some flights up to 10 PM during the week. There normally isn't any flying from the base on weekends.

The Phoenix-Goodyear airport mostly has small Cessna style planes flying out of it. They do work on larger jets there and you'll see an occasional flight from them.

The best thing to do is visit during the daytime and check it out for yourself since noise is a very individual experience.

Does this answer your question? Eric