Kevin, Home Owner in Cape Coral, FL

What is the South Mountain neighborhood like? What sort of renters does it attract? Would you recommend this area for investment? If not then why?

Asked by Kevin, Cape Coral, FL Sun Feb 26, 2012

Answers

5
It depends on the rate of return you are looking for and price you are shopping for. Some of the older homes may look like good investments but be money pits because of the year built. All these things need to be weighed prior to offer and during the inspection period to determine if it is worth moving forward or looking for a different home or area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jan 30, 2013
South Mountain is an excellent place to invest. I specialize in this area and I can't tell you how many out of state investors are buying up everything possible in this area. You can find a great property for $40 - $68 per square foot. In fact I just sold a home for that is 1900 sq foot, one story, 4 bed, 2 bath for $88,000. This home would easily rent for $1100 - $1350 per month. This price is $46 per square foot. The great thing about this area is the proximity to everywhere else in the Metro area. You have excellent access to all the major freeways including the I-10, 202, 60, 1-17, 51. It's only minutes away from downtown which has a bunch of new urban development. Some people feel negative about the area because there is some older homes but there is extensive planning going on in the South Mountain Village area. You can go to my website below and get a FREE market snapshot of the area which will give you info on current & sold real estate, community info, and school info. They are adding 2 new Performing Arts Schools, there is also new LA Fitness that just broke ground. There are excellent restaurants in the area that are owned by locals in the area that attract people from all over. There are several new home builders in the area that are selling out of inventory. The community is surrounded by the South Mountain Preserve which is the largest municiple park in the US. There are excellent hiking and biking trails which attracts many outdoor enthusiasts. In my opinion I don't think you can get more value for your money anywhere else in the Metro area. South Mountain is definitely a hidden gem. Check out my South Mountain Village Living Blog.

Jessica Jablonski
Jablonski Real Estate Group
480.330.1554
jessica@jrealestategroup.com
Kevin

We have a lot of investors buying in that area for rentals as well as homeowners. It is a good investment area as the homes are newer and you can pick them up for a price that makes it easy to rent. There are other areas that are good as well. If you need assistance with your investments, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
*** Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley"
It depends on the community. Newer construction is ok. Lots of competition for renters means lower rents. I would recommend North Phoenix over South Phoenix because rents and value will climb faster.
I personally live there and love it. Phoenix is a spotty city to begin with, so the neighborhoods can change really quick, and they do so especially in south mountain. That's why the prices are the way they are- but it isn't empty out here, there is a big population, lots of shopping centers, major roads, and attractions. It really does matter where you look though, depending on what your plans are for the property.
If you'd like further advice, feel free to email me. Bja1987@gmail.com