Home Buying in Riverside>Question Details

Jesus Lopez, Other/Just Looking in Austin, TX

What is the HOA and what is included ?

Asked by Jesus Lopez, Austin, TX Sat Nov 10, 2012

This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3098054986-1304-Summit-St-116…

Paul Puig’s answer
HOA's operate differently for fee simple property (home) vs common interest property (condo).

Homes is subdivisions will limit themselves to insuring common areas, parking restrictions and
architectual rules and regulations. Charges can be optional (voluntary hoa). If mandatory, the
charges will be due quarterly vs month to month and are minimal compared to condo hoas.

Condos charge by the month and cover all exterior maintenance. Back yard maintenance can
be optional. Water can sometimes be included depending on the usage meter setup. Internet
can be setup for the community then included ..... Depending on the community and what is
offered rates can range from 60 to 600 dollars per month. Maybe higher.

In many cases a document is signed a time of purchase that allows an hoa to lien your property
for non payment.
Is the insurance provided by the HOA, is it complete? Does it cover your personal items?say if there was a fire, would your condo be totally covered for reconstruction and cosmetics, flooring,appliances, and personal times? Or, what additional insurance would you suggest so you're covered with everything i n a fire?
The HOA Fee covers water, gas, and sewer, common area maintenance, common area insurance, and the swimming pool, and trash/recycling.and is $165 per month.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 1, 2012
So, that's thirty million people with something to lose versus one million lawyers trying to make a living and an untold number of
opportunists trying to make a quick buck. It is no wonder that between them lawyers file over thirteen million law suits every year. Prime candidates for lawsuits include:*Property owners*Business Owners*Officers/Directors of publicly traded companies
*Sole Proprietors*Real Estate Investors If you fall into any of these categories, or simply have a retirement nest egg - you need to remove any incentive for people to sue you right now! http://www.corporateveilllc.bigbig.com or call 702-776-9775
It is $165 per month and includes gas, water, trash, common area maintenance as well as insurance.
Jesus, I just verified with the owner that it also covers water, gas, and sewer, so the only thing you would be responsible for yourself would be electric and cable typically. The HOA fee is $165 per month by the way. Joe
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 10, 2012
Jesus, I believe the HOA in there covers the common area maintenance, common area insurance, and the swimming pool, and trash/recycling. If you're interested, I can contact the listing agent and get you more specifics. Feel free to email or call me and I will do all I can to assist you.

Joe Jarusinsky, Keller Williams Realty, 512-261-4415