Marty, Other/Just Looking in Virginia Beach, VA

What is recommended process to relocate?

Asked by Marty, Virginia Beach, VA Thu Jan 6, 2011

We want to relocate to VB but have to sell home in GA. We are interested in North End, but know prices are high, so we will consider foreclosers. We would need a good Realtor who understands the difference between a home with good bones and one that is a waste of our time, but someone who has an ear to the ground and knows whats coming before the masses. So, what should our process be to get up there? Our home here is paid for, so we have a line of credit that could be used toward a purchase if necessary, but we do not want to move without having this house sold. Feeling a bit overwhelmed on what is the cart and what is the horse. From this distance, how do we know we have the best realtor for this job? Any suggestions on all of this?

Answers

15
Hi Marty,

I would suggest you head in another direction. It is sound advice to do your homework and research local agents but I would also research relocation companies. These are professionals that focus completely on making your relocation efforts smooth. They have agents all over the country that specialize with relocations and will have only the best contact you to help sell your house and buy you a new home. You will still have the option to choose who is the best fit for you to get the job done. Really takes the stress, headache and confusion out of the process.

I have worked with AIReS before and they are great. Click on the link below to view their web site.
Click here:http: //www.aires.com/index.html

Best of luck-
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 20, 2011
Prudential has an excellent relocation program...in fact, Prudential is #1 nationally in the relocation segment of real estate. List your home for sale in GA and also contact the local Prudential office in VB...they will be able to help you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
As others have mentioned you are doing great by researching on-line. We can help you find a Realtor to help you with the sale in GA. We have combined over 30 years of experience. Please visit our website and review our credentials. Some of the bigger issues that you may want to consider when picking a Realtor are proficiency and education. Lori is an Accredited Buyers Agent among other things; I am a licensed Broker and Certified Distressed Property Expert. We have successfully represented many buyers in short sale purchases and foreclosure purchases. Our last buyer in December gained over 70K in equity. You may want to consider renting here to get a little familiar with the area before you purchase. We would be more than happy to help you find a decent rental. We love to help people buy homes and only want to move as fast as you are comfortable with.

Larry Porter
Associate Broker
757-291-3424
Hello Marty,

I moved from Newnan, Ga. 21 years ago to Virginia Beach and have been here ever since. I still visit with family and friends down there as often as I can. I don't want to repeat what's already been said below. They are all good answers and there's no need to waste your time. I live in Chick's Beach and know the North End and surrounding areas very well. The biggest point I would like to make to you is that I promise to make YOU the priority. I don't keep dozens of clients at one time. I pay attention to your wants and needs and will find you a solid house, in the area of your choosing, for the right price. I have experience in home renovations and have good contractors to rely on for a second opinion on every aspect of a property. I would be more than willing to send you some properties currently for sale so that you can get an idea of what's out here.
Please feel free to call even if you don't choose me to represent you. I'm happy to help.

Will Hickey
757-404-2185
Marty,

You have already started your transition from GA to VA Beach in a positive way by doing your homework online. I agree with the other Realtors when they suggest that you first prepare your home in GA to sell. (I can assist you with finding a good local Realtor if you do not have one in mind. Also I have a brochure that I give to all of my sellers with tips on how to successfully sell your home & will mail you one if you like.). Once your home in GA is sold you are in a position to make an offer on any good deal that becomes available. As others have mentioned, that particular area is highly desired and foreclosures are not only rare compared to other areas of Hampton Roads, but they are snatched up very quickly. Any seller offering a good deal will not have to accept an offer contingent upon the sale of another home.
Of course I would encourage you to begin the search here in VA Beach in order to educate yourself on what is currently available. The best way to do this is to select a local Realtor and discuss with them your particular needs & wants. I would love to assist you in your search and feel that I would be a good choice based on my past experience with renovating homes myself. Please visit my website, give me a call, or send me an email when you are ready to move forward.

Barbara Terranova
757.635.6833
bterranova@roseandwomble.com
Web Reference: http://BarbaraTerranova.com
Hello Marty in Georgia,
I understand your feeling of being overwhelmed. You’re faced with many decisions. First of all you started at the right place! Q and A on Trulia is a great place to get feedback from Realtors.
RECOMMENDATION WHEN SELLING YOUR GEORGIAN PROPERTY: Price your home to sell don’t overprice it because it may take longer to sell. Know your expectations including time frame.
When choosing a Realtor® in Virginia Beach.
• Conduct phone interviews
• Visit agent websites
• Ask for client referrals
It’s also important to choose an agent that you connect with and one that listens.
As your buyers agent I will:
Ask for detailed features you need/want in your new home.
Discuss the points of difference when purchasing foreclosure vs a regular sale.
Provide a price comparison on properties of interest.

I look forward to talking to you and discuss your purchase in more detail.
I live at the oceanfront so I’m familiar with the North End and other areas in Hampton Roads.
I’m proud to be affiliated with Rose and Womble Realty Company, #1 in Southside Sales and Market Share in 2009 according to REIN the local MLS. I finished 5th out of over 70 agents in my office for 2010.

Please contact me via email at DAllen@RoseAndWomble.com or my direct line 757-577-4112 to schedule a time when it is convenient for you to discuss your plans.
Diane Allen, Realtor® http://www.DianeAllenRealtor.com
Short Sale Foreclosure Resource
Accredited Staging Professional
Graduate Realtor ®Institute
e-PRO Certification
Candidate for Accredited Buyers Representative
Marty,
There is really only one thing that makes a realtor better than the next and its like you said, its one that can see the problems before they arise. We all have the ability to send you homes on the MLS to your email and we can all price a home.
What makes my team different is we deal with everything from $20,000 to $2,000,000 and we deal with many people from out of town. So we deal with investors, which want homes with "Good Bones" to out of town people which we have to take extra pictures of the home, the area and really advise them if the home is worth looking at.
The best thing is to get set up on a automatic email which will send you all homes that meet your requirements, then call or email your questions. Its agents that will go the extra mile that seperate the professionals from the ones that passed a test.
Call me at 757-735-2628 or email me at monette_55@yahoo.com if you would like to establish a contact (Eyes on the Ground) here. Thanks for the question and good luck.
Marty -

Your buying situation is similar to that of nearly every buyer in the current environment - buyers today, both here of course and throughout the country, seek and are attraced by perceived 'good deals'. And good deals indeed are out there. I have to tell one you word of caution, however - there are fewer perceived good 'deals' in Virginia Beach's North End than in many other areas within our Region. I work extensively and regularly throughout the City's North End and, in short, the sellers there are just not - financially - as 'motivated' or in need to sell as you find generally elsewhere. Accordingly, the number of foreclosed properties in the City's North End ranges from zero to very few at any given time. At the same time, prices at least are way off of and down from their highs of four and five years ago. As I said, I work throughout the North End regularly and extensively and know it well. I am a native of the City and would be pleased at the opportunity to assist you with your relocation. Please let me know what I can do. Best regards. Wayne Goodman

wayne.goodman@longandfoster.com
Hello Marty,
I'm sure you will receive plenty of answers to your questions and concerns. I would be happy to talk with you over the phone and find out what is important to you, provide you with more information about myself and my company as well as my services as a buyers agent. Feel free to visit my website to get more imformation about me and the area. You may contact me by email or phone. I look forward to hearing from you and would be happy to help you and your family find a home in Virginia beach! I can also help you with the sale of your house in Georgia as well. We have a great relocation network of agents in other states which helps with communication when selling and buying at the same time.
Professionally,
Jennifer Smith
William E. Wood & Associates
http://www.JenniferSmithHomes.com
757-735-2937
Hi Marty,
That's great you are considering moving here to Virginia Beach. I work with a team of Agents some who have bank owned properties,and sell wholesale properties. Wholesale properties are not even in the MLS system and only certain investors are aware of the deals.. I am an Agent with Keller Williams Realty and I work hard for my clients. The process would be you would get approved here with a local lender. Then they would give me an approval letter then we can go looking for houses!! When choosing a Realtor you want to feel like you can talk to and trust them.. Someone who will listen to your wants and needs,and will think outside the box.. I hope you will consider me to help you find your home. My name is Bethany White and I can be reached any time at 757-773-6503. Take care
Foreclosures are not easy to get. I have a wholesale list that I update weekly. Homes on this list is where an investor goes to auction and buys the homes he gives me a list and you can purchase them before he goes in and rehabs them and marks them up for a profit. You need to list your home in Georgia first, I can refer you to an agent there if you don't have one. Then start looking at what the market here has to offer if you are interested please contact me at 757-618-4614 or chris@casherrill.com with Creed Realty in Virginia Beach VA.
Dear GA:

The only way to know if you have a good Realtor is to get referrals from previous clients of that Realtor. Also, you want a full time Realtor, not a real estate agent, top 5% of all Realtors in Hampton Roads and you also want a Realtor with a track record. Sometimes, it is hard to know homes coming on the market before they hit the market; however, our company notifies all agents of upcoming listings.

I would hope all Realtors know the difference between good bones, market value, and market conditions. I have been in the business for over 8 years and have maintained Circle of Excellence, top 1% of Realtors in Hampton Roads; I have sold over 44 homes this year and over 11 million in homes. I have one of the top teams in my business i.e. home inspector, loan officer and attorney.

Your process would be to notify me or a Realtor you choose with your specifics. Specifics such as the type of home, value, bedrooms, baths, garage, distance to the beach etc. Also, if you have children, their ages and interests.

Any other questions you may have, please feel free to contact me at astaylor@roseandwomble.com

Anna Staylor
http://www.AnnaStaylor.com
Web Reference: http://www.annastaylor.com
I would be happy to assist you. The first step is to research Realtors in the area and speak to them to see if they would be a good fit. Feel free to visit my website to learn a little more about me and see what my past clients have had to say about me. 757-739-7754 cell/ RobinSellsHomes@cox.net
Hi Marty,

I know a good agent in GA, Atlanta area, if you need good local advice on listing and selling your house.

I'm trying to get my SISTER up from GA after being away from home (Virginia Beach) for some 16 years.

While 3 years ago or more pulling on line of credit and using that to buy a new home, in this market it might prove to be a long wait, unless one has deep pockets. You ARE lucky though that you own your home outright. I would say get with a good listing agent there, price it so it looks like a great value in your neighborhood, and of course do the usual sprucing up (de-clutter, clean, clean, repair anything obvious).

We could find you something temporary up here so you are not pressured into buying immediately and can take your time. Especially if you're interested in the North End (those houses don't go into foreclosure in high volume like other areas of Virginia Beach).

I am a buyer's agent and experienced in foreclosures. Just shoot me an email at kkgerman@gmail.com if you have more questions and/or would like a point of contact here in Va Beach.

Best, KK German, Wainwright Real Estate, 757-714-2335
Hello, My name is Tee Williams and I specialize in listing and selling REO's in the Hampton Roads area. Please contact me at you first opportunity at my direct number: 480.3VA.REOS or email me at msrealtee@gmail.com