Home Buying in Potter Valley>Question Details

Schmidtstock, Home Buyer in Potter Valley, CA

What is it like living in Lake Pillsbury Ranch Gated Community? What are restrictions on animals, fences, etc.?

Asked by Schmidtstock, Potter Valley, CA Sun Jun 10, 2012

Is it fairly private or do you feel like you're living in a townhouse or retirement village?

Answers

6
I was involved with selling properties at Lake Pillsbury Ranch when it was first offered to the public (very selectively) in the late 60's. I was most impressed with the fact that they DID have stringent rules and regulations i.e. CCR's. that guaranteed the quiet and peacfulness that folks would drive this far just for that purpose. Do you want to drive to the middle of a National forest, just to hear off road machines and loud music day and night?? I think not. There are many, many places those folks can go. Lake Pillsbury Ranch is not the place - thankfully! This little piece of heaven is beautiful - and I'm so glad it turned out just the way the original owners wanted it to. If you want beauty - peace and quite - and pure nature... This is your place. If you're looking for the rough and tumble outdoor bubba crowd... it's down the road quite a-ways lol. Not many places like Lake Pillsbury Ranch. Enjoy!
It's spread out somewhat of a quite setting, if you like fresh air and beautiful views it's hard to beat. rules can always be changed within reason. The way to do that is step up and get involved . I find Pillsbury ranch quiet refreshing .
It is quiet most of the time. It has MANY rules such as no motorcycles, fences, must build according to CCR's. Only earth tones. No campers in yards unless under permit to build. Run by a Board that is an eclectic mix of people. No common sence. Now that I have been there for 6 years I can say it would not be my first pick to build or buy again.....If the animals were the only thing there it would be lovely.
I'd talk to some of the folks that live up there they seem to be very nice.
I'm sure they can give you the answer's your looking for,

Carmen
I was wondering the same thing. My Husband and I just made an offer on a house and received the CCR's. They say no camping allowed, no overnight trailers and a max of 3 people per bedroom.... So, the 2 bedroom house only allows us to have a max of 6 people at a time on our property? We are not big party people but we want the option of inviting our friends and family to visit us. Does anyone know if these rules are enforced?
I am also looking to buy in Lake Pllsbury for vacation now and retirement later.If you live there for 4 months at a time will you be able to get cell phone and I pad reception? Bet they didn't know this in 1960. Can everything be modernized? or is it strictly a rural vacation spot? Intriguing!
Flag Thu May 2, 2013
I own a house up there and no one would inforce that rule unless you were causing a big problem. For the most part everyone stays into there own business although there are a few busibodies but pretty harmmless!
Flag Sun Feb 10, 2013
It is fairly private and really nice, some areas are very private others more open. They have a stables for horses were you may keep if you like. Also a barbecue area with a pond, tennis courts.
Fences aren't allowed. There is a lot of wildlife that roams freely. This is country living at it's best.
The lake is very close for fishing and boating.
And you pay extra for using stables. Lake is full of squaw fish and bass.
Flag Mon Jul 23, 2012