Emma Erdahl, Other/Just Looking in Arlington, VA

What is happening to development in Gillespie Park. In 2004, the area seemed ripe for gentrification ... Then the housing bust. I want to look again.

Asked by Emma Erdahl, Arlington, VA Sat Feb 9, 2013

Answers

6
David Leventhal and Wendy Leventhal’s answer
there are some good deals in this area, and with downtown only moving in that direction in the future , it is a good time
call me if you want more info on the area and we can discuss your options and what is it you are looking to achieve
is it rental return on your money,? or are you looking to build? or multifamily?
alot of other questions I need to know in order for me to properly assist you
David
The Leventhal Team
http://www.theleventhalteam.com
You should! In its own time, the neighborhood will be a total success.There has been some newer homes built in the community and we find it charming with lots of eclectic homes, a neighborhood park, close to shopping, and most of all, affordable AND close to downtown. We can only imagine as land becomes more valuable closer into Sarasota's downtown, that the neighborhood will grow along with it. You can really see that it's already starting to change again and getting better and better. Please call us or email us if we can be of further help.
Hi Emma,

Gillespie Park has some great opportunities waiting for the next growth period that is currently underway. That and the Rosemary District could possibly be great investment opportunities for the buyer willing to beat the curve before future growth expands into these areas causing price increases and heavy competition. It all depends on your goals.

My best,
Terri

Teresa M. Fellows
Broker/Associate
ERA Waterside Realty
941-350-4297
tmf4257@mac.com
Gillespie Park is an older most likely the oldest area in Sarasota, therfore it has homes that are dating back to the 1920's and a lot of them are not in the greatest shape sorry to say. It is close to the downtown area so there has been some intrest from people looking to be close to downtown Sarasota. When you look at Sarasota as a whole I feel there are much better places to concider. It is a big area to cover and there are so many different subdivisions with different styles and price point. If you want to be put into a search please contact me and we can go over your needs as abuyer and send you the properties that will satisfy you.

Michael Beninato
RE/MAX Alliance Group
email: michaelb1@remax.net
cell: 941-479-2777 (2SRQ)
I am only showing two homes for sale in Gillespie Park in the MLS.
A3968031 818 N ORANGE AVE, SARASOTA
A3973008 642 GILLESPIE AVE, SARASOTA

I would be happy to answer any questions or send you the listings.

Tammy Hayes, Realtor
RE/MAX Palm Realty
tammyhayesre@gmail.com
941-276-6185
Nothing much is happening there right now. From a developer standpoint, there's other more profitable areas to build in.