lanier_coles, Home Buyer in Santa Rosa Beach, FL

What is driving the 20% annual increase in property prices in the Waterolor zip code?

Asked by lanier_coles, Santa Rosa Beach, FL Mon Aug 19, 2013

Answers

6
Supply and demand are still cornerstones for pricing. There are only 65 active completed homes available, while 26 are under contract, and 172 have sold since 1/1/12. That is a healthy attrition rate. With 199 homes sold or under contract and only 65 available, you can see where Buyers are moving through the inventory while mortgage rates are still low and appreciation has brought the cautious Buyer back into the arena.
Let me help you find the property that fits your needs before inventory is depleted and rates rise higher.
I can be reached at 850.217.1904 or Stephan@PelicanProperty.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Aug 20, 2013
First it is not just Watercolor property which is experiencing this type of price appreciation. I am seeing this happen the entire length of 30-A. We had 8 years of price adjusting and a clearing out of property owners who had over invested. Now, a large portion of the "bargain" properties have sold off leaving us with a smaller inventory at higher prices. Also, more and more people are visiting and investing in real estate along 30A which is going to continue to put price pressure on all 30-A properties.
Jon GoToTheBeach 850-687-7504
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 19, 2013
High demand, low inventory, record low interest rates, great cap rates on rental properties, coastal resort town that draws from the entire central part of the country and is quickly becoming know of by investor and second home buyers fron the west coast and east coast as well. Let me know if you would like to see whats on the market?
"Great deals are not found...great deals are made!"
Call me, Scott Etter, at 850-533-6300 if you're ready to create your own "Geeat Deal".
I am not sure what your source is for the 20% increase in property prices. I would like to see the original document to "read between the lines" Residential homes are increasing at a nice rate but they did take a major hit and have not recovered to those levels. Land development is increasing at a slower rate with a definite shortage of priced right properties.
Simple economics at this point in our market place...low supply and high demand. There's been 103 home sales since January 2013 in the community with only 66 homes currently available. We've seen this even more so in lot sales with 44 lots sold and only 13 currently available. If you have any other questions please feel free to email me at Tommy@TheBeachGroup.com