Home Buying in Boston>Question Details

Laurie, Home Buyer in Queen Creek, AZ

What is considered a nice suburb of Boston? Factors include family oriented community, schools, commute and affordable housing...

Asked by Laurie, Queen Creek, AZ Sun May 5, 2013

Answers

5
It depends whether you want to stay in North or South Shore? I lived in Weymouth and loved it. Also Brookline but it's kinda costly.

Best Of Luck
Milton is a great community just 10 miles outside of downtown Boston. Voted the 2nd best place to live in the country by Money Magazine last year and has steadily made it's way up that list in the past 10 years. It has a good public school system especially the elementary schools where a french immersion program is offered. Home prices start at $350k up. A great community just outside Boston. Contact me if you want more information.
Typically one considers Brookline, Belmont, Concord, Dover, Needham, Newton, Wellesley and Weston as to community, schools and commute.

And depends on what do you consider affordable?
Hi Laurie,

I'm afraid that it's difficult to answer your question since affordability is a relative thing. For instance, take West Roxbury, a great community within the boundaries of Greater Boston. It's known for its family-oriented neighborhoods, commuter rail stations and fun shops and restaurants. Single-family homes though can be found from the high $300k's and far beyond. Is that what one would consider affordable? Perhaps but as I said, it's all relative.

If you need help narrowing down the field of options of communities in and around Greater Boston, drop me a line. You can message me directly through my website: http://www.GoHomeWithMichael.com.

And, if you'd like what to see what my clients have to say about me, check out my recommendations here on this site.

Michael Pallares, Realtor, ABR
Nice suburbs that have all the criteria that you mentioned do not usually come with affordable $$$.
However, there may be some diamonds in the rough here and there for you.
Brookline, Newnton, Watertown, Arlington, and even Cambridge.
best of luck.