Karen, Home Buyer in 07013

What is better in PA: buying a new construction home or buy a preowned one?

Asked by Karen, 07013 Sat Sep 10, 2011

Answers

5
Hi Karen,

The advantages to buying new construction or recently built construction is the tax abatement. Essentially you will get a huge tax break on real estate taxes, in some cases up to ten years. The big thing is to know who the construction company is and their construction record. Mainly you want to know the quality of their work. Older homes or previously built homes might be made with better materials and therefore more structural sound. You just want to know the new construction wasn't built cheaply. If you have any more questions feel free to call me @ 215-620-3798.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 10, 2011
Right now, in my opinion, resale houses are your best bet. If I was looking to buy right now I would check out resale over new construction, personally.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 10, 2011
Hello Karen,
It depends on where you are purchasing and what is your goal. For example Philadelphia has a tax abatement on new construction so you do not have to pay taxes for 10 years in Philadelphia. On the other hand the school districts in Bucks and Montgomery county are better. If you want to buy an investment it's a different animal. If you have 10-15 minutes please call me and we can discuss your goals. I service Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomenry Counties. To contact me please click my picture.

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realty Mark Cityscape
Web Reference: http://www.erealtyfind.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 10, 2011
It really depends on your goals. Are you thinking single family home vs condo? Who is the builder?
Web Reference: http://Chillrealestate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 10, 2011
as with all issues, its a question of your goals and location location location. here in the city pf philadelphia taxes are very very low (like 200-1000/year) on new construction homes. in the suburbs taxes are much higher on new construction in must suburban counties, but it may offer a much more open plan not available in older homes....sometimes due to a distressed builder you can get a good buy on new construction (even less than resales) ....so i don't think its black and white.