Ketu, Home Buyer in Bridgewater, NJ

What is better: Townhomes near vanderveer rd or crossroads? Why?

Asked by Ketu, Bridgewater, NJ Sun Mar 3, 2013

Can someone who is familiar with Bridgewater provide pros and cons between this two communities for comparision?

Answers

6
The Milltown elementary school is in demand and so homes or townhomes that feed into it present that as an attribute. I do know the area well, have sold in Crossroads, Vanderveer Farms, Beacon Hill, and Glenbrooke, and others. Each community has a different feel and style. If you want a pool, Crossroads does not have that while the others do.

I'd be happy to explore the various areas with you so that you can decide which is a better fit for you.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Hey ketu....I am not a realtor....am also looking to buy in bridgewater,nj....just found out that homes near vanderveer rd- bridle club,etc go for a below rated elementary school compared to those other high rated elementary schools in bridgewater.......
The Vanderveer Road townhouse community is very large with several different Townhouse/Condo communities off of it such as Vanderveer Farms, Society Hill, Stratton Meadows, The Bridle Club with many styles to choose from some (some with garages and basements) in a variety of price ranges. They have pools, tennis courts and playgrounds for their residents. Crossroads is a small community close to 287 and an easy commute if you are working in the Bedminster area or that side of town. Crossroads does not have a pool or tennis courts but they do have garages. The Crossroads were built in the late 80's while the Townhouses off Vanderveer were built in the 90's. It truely comes down to what your needs and taste are.
Hi Ketu, those near Vanderveer will be among a larger collection of condos/townhomes/homes while the Crossroad community is a stand alone community of like units. Both have good access to highways and both are selling well. Beyond that it will come down to what you prefer.

There may also be differences is qualification for FHA financing if that matters to you now or for future sale. That is defined at the community level.

I have helped clients buy in both areas - if I can be helpful, please do not hesitate to contact me. To search among all actively listed properties in Bridgewater visit http://www.Homes08807.com

Jeanne Feenick
I prefer Vandaveer. I have sold many town houses in Bridgewater, mostly in the Vandaveer section. Crossroads is located on the more desireable north side of route 22, but they are way to close to 287 for my comfort.
Ketu,

That would really depend on your preferences and likes. They are both nice communities, with different appeals. That question would be best answered by taking a look at some homes in both communities and seeing what you like better.