Home Buying in North Raleigh>Question Details

Joe Casabuyer, Home Buyer in North Raleigh, Raleigh...

What is average discount off list price for houses selling in Chatsworth subdivision of North Raleigh.?

Asked by Joe Casabuyer, North Raleigh, Raleigh, NC Sat Aug 28, 2010

North Raleigh sales price compared to list

Answers

4
Tracy Santrock’s answer
I like Sheri's answer regarding Agency Law in the State of North Carolina. North Carolina says that if you have not hired a buyer's agent we are sub agents to the seller until a buyer agency agreement is signed. Once a buyer's agency is signed we can provide you with as much details as you need to make an informed decision regarding the Chatsworth neighborhood in North Raleigh.
Hi Joe, if you haven't already bought a house, please consider choosing a Buyer agent who will represent you, answer all your questions and be with you throughout the home search and closing process. The buyer agent services are FREE to you. Nothing to lose. In fact there are agents like me who provide Full service and even give you a part of the Commission as a Rebate to you towards your closing costs etc.

Please contact me if you like to get more details.
Web Reference: http://www.RealTriangle.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 19, 2010
Joe,

Please keep in mind that legally all of us agents on Trulia by default work for the seller until a buyer contracts with us/any agent to represent them. Legally we are required to answer the question in a matter that protects the seller and legally the only answer we can give you about pricing is that "the house is priced where it should be and you should make a full price offer on the house:. It is not until you contract with a buyers agent who can legally advise you that you will be able to get (accurate and legal) advise on what the value of a particular property is. As great as any answer may sound on here please keep in mind the fact that by default we (licensed real estate agents in NC) all work for the seller to get them the best terms and price possible.

I've been selling real estate in Raleigh for the past 17 years and sold over 1500 homes. I also live just minutes from Chatsworth and know the area very well. If you are not currently working with a buyers agent please feel free to contact me here through Trulia and I would be happy to help you determine an asking price for a home in Chatsworth based on sales in Chatsworth and the many surrounding communities that are similar.

Best wishes in your home search! It is a great area.
Mr. Casabuyer,( funny name)

Chatsworth is a very high end community and has only had 2 sales in the past 12 months. One of those sales being a short sale and the other a regular market sale. When looking at list price to sales price the difference between both of these sales was about 5%. Keep in mind that this does not take into consideration the original list price to sales price. If it did then the short sale original list to sales price difference would be more like 27%. If a property is priced correctly it should be somewhere around the 5% level.

There are currently 7 houses on the market in Chatsworth priced from $674,900 to $1,995,000. But are they priced correctly? That is the question of the day. There will need to be more homework done than a quick answer to answer that question. I would be happy to look into that for you, just call me at 919-610-5203.

Have a great weekend!

Jim