Homebuyer, Home Buyer in 85044

What is an average price per sqf for Walsh Trails, this community doesn't have a swimming pool? Should I pay the same as Behrens or walsh ranch?

Asked by Homebuyer, 85044 Thu Feb 23, 2012

I am looking a new home in Walsh Trails because I thought it would be more reasonable because it doesn't have a swimming pool or a club house...However, looks like builders there are actually looking for the same price as Behrens Ranch or Walsh Ranch. To me it just ridiculous. Is the housing market already warming up looks like home builders are not willing to negotiate even though their listings has been on the market for almost 1/2 year?

Answers

5
In the end you will always pay somewhat more for a new build home. I have a client looking nearby in Avery Ranch (just outside of Cedar Park) and I was able to find him the exact same floor plan in a 3 year old home for about $30,000 less than a new build.

One thing you want to do is compare the new build home prices to similar existing homes for sale in the market. Once you understand the difference in the pricing you can then see if the premium you will pay makes sense. Some people just want a new home while others do not mind buying an existing home to save money. If my client ended up buying a new build home in Avery Ranch how long would it have taken him to start building equity? it's hard to say but again, that is something you need to think about.

I have lived in Cedar Park for 71/2 years and am familiar with all of the builders and new communities that are planned. I have also written a blog article (that I am in the process of updating now) on buying a new build home. It tells you what to look for and goes into much more detail than my answer here. If you would like to talk about the housing market in Cedar Park please feel free to give me a call or email. You can find the article I wrote in my Trulia profile.

One more advantage I offer to all of my clients is that I am also a mortgage broker. I can always offer my clients the very best pricing on any new mortgage with all of the top lenders in the country. Because I own my own brokerage I do not inflate my pricing or rates. This also helps you if you end up buying a builder home. They will most likely want you to use their financing. I can also provide you a good faith estimate of what I can offer for you to present to the builder. This will often times allow them to give you better pricing even if you are required to use their financing to obtain their "specials" which is often the case.

Best of luck to you in your home search. Cedar Park is a wonderful place to call home and raise a family.

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o.512.669.5599 m.512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
RECOMMEND to always work with a Realtor who can represent you , comp values of homes, and assist with all contracts through closing .

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
What professional advice has your REALTOR® provided?

Jeffrey Nyland, REALTOR®, GRI, SRS, ABR
The Nyland Team
Prudential Texas Realty
512-626-8552 (Direct)
512-267-3640 (Fax)
Jeffrey@NylandTeam.com
http://www.NylandTeam.com
Jeffrey Nyland TX AUC# 16644
Exceeding Expectations!
Web Reference: http://www.NylandTeam.com
The average price per sq ft for sold homes in Walsh Trails for the last 6 months is $101. with the high being $116. and low being $84. Six months of sales is the time frame appraisers are using in our market. Walsh Trails is a little closer in than Behren's Ranch & Walsh Ranch which warrants a little higher price per sq ft and a lot of people find it's proximity to the trails and parks a huge benefit.

I totally agree with Keith concerning the HOA amount if there aren't amenities and his take on builders and their pricing. Once the home is complete then it starts costing the builder and he already knows what his profit margins are so he can be more negotiable.

Tish Darey
JB Goodwin Realtors
512-422-1597
tish-jbgoodwin@austin.rr.com
Walsh Trails is working in cooperation with The Ranch at Brushy Creek for pool and playscape use. As a general rule I wouldn't expect to pay less for a similar neighborhood with similar builders, but would expect the HOA bill itself to be less.

I wouldn't consider the market heating up, even if the numbers show a 10% increase from January 2011 and January 2012. Every builder and month seems to be different with home builders right now. Understand that some builders list their inventory homes immediately upon breaking ground, but don't feel compelled to deal hard until they are completed.

Hope that helps some!

Keith Tutor
(512) 426-2903
Texas Capital Properties