Obxbound, Other/Just Looking in 20169

What is an average cost per square foot to build a custom home in Haymarket? Just need an idea of what to expect if one is building on their own land.

Asked by Obxbound, 20169 Fri Dec 31, 2010

Answers

7
$90 to whatever. Depends on how your dress the house. Spend the most money on the grading,foundation, and space. take your time and shop around. Cheapest is not always the best. Look at http://www.chadsworthhomes.com. These guys..they build a great house.
If you are still looking, contact my brother:

Tony Benita, 703-926-1612

He is a licensed General Contractor and Builder.
About $125 psf on the average. Upgrades and finished basements can increase base price.
Web Reference: http://www.SellingNoVa.com
You need to be speaking to custom builders. I have lived in Haymarket all my life, i have many connections and in fact know of excellent builders. Feel free to contact me!! 703-582-8368
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 31, 2010
It depends on the type of home. If you're going for a simple rambler with average finishes, $100-125 a sq ft is about right. If you want hardwood floors, high ceilings, 3+ stories, large windows, granite counters... it could be double that without even getting extravagent. I have 2 fabulous builders I could recommend in that area, depending on the type of home you were planning. I also have lots of tips for keeping costs down.

Not sure exactly where you own land, but I lived for a while on Bull Run Mtn as a kid, so I know that area pretty well. Give me a call for more information. 703.669.3142 VChrisner@KW.com
It all depends on the price the builder charges per sq foot, and how much needs to be developed on the land. Do you know if the property has been perced and soil tested? does the land need to be cleared? Id there a driveway? There are also county proffers to consider (additional fees for services). Please contact me to discuss in more depth.
Jennifer Rivera
Realtor, Veteran, and Army Wife
Move4Free Realty, Manassas VA
Jennifer@Move4FreeRealty.com
571-292-5377 x 112 office
304-952-8735 cell
$120sq ft............................................................