Home Buying in Great Falls>Question Details

alohse75, Home Buyer in Great Falls, MT

What is a proper amount of time to give a seller regarding an offer you make on their property?

Asked by alohse75, Great Falls, MT Sun Jul 21, 2013

Answers

6
Time is of the essence. I'd say no more than 24-48 hours.
You should offer at least the list price if you want your offer to be taken seriously.

The only time I would advise offering less than list price is if you are paying cash.

Kawain Payne, Realtor
A few hours to a few days depending on the situation. Every offer and market is different. Trust your Realtor for advice on this.
Web Reference: http://www.DougMaas.com
It depends on several factors, the market being one if them. The day of the week is a factor for me. (Weekends are sometimes difficult) Then there is what type of technology you are using. Some folks still don't use fax or have computer access. I would say up to 3 days in our area.
5pm the next day.
-
But, let's say the decision maker is in Seatle taking care of busniness and will not be avaialble for another 48 hours. What will you do?
-
Clearly, you realize this 'time' is merely a required componet that creates a official offer. The reality is, you will accept what ever time is required.
-
Unrealisticly short time requirements will be viewed as the first volley in the negotiation cycle. An asute seller, with a desirable property in an active market, will advance their negotiation position by ignoring your offer until your timer has expired. Of course, it will be because the decision maker is in Seattle or otherwise inaccessible.
-
Best of success,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Plam Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
There should have been a little space on the Purchase Agreement where you enter the time and date that you want an answer.
The Seller is not obligated, in an way, to give you an answer.
And if it has passed that point; you can probably assume.......