Home Buying in Dayton>Question Details

Cela, Home Buyer in Dayton, OH

What is a home's average time on the market before being sold in Dayton Ohio.?

Asked by Cela, Dayton, OH Tue Jul 17, 2012

I am interested in purchasing a home and I actually began looking. I have found something I am interested in that came on the market a few days ago. I have to get some financial things in order before I am prepared to buy. I would like to know how long houses that are pretty updated sit on the market in Dayton Ohio. What is the average???

Answers

7
Cela’s answer
I am interested in knowing this information about the 45405 zip code or 45406. Is it possible to give an average time frame with this information? I know that it depends on other factors, but in those areas...Is it possible to guestimate how long a house is sitting on the market on average?
The average time a house sits on the market it really depending on a few factors, location, price and condition. I have had a home on the market for 4 hours. the reason it takes longer to show up as a sold home is that once an offer is made, even if it's been 4 hours only on the market, it will take at least 30 to 45 days before it will close because that's how long it take to process the loan and go through inspections and appraisal completed. So to answer your questions sometimes it only takes a few hours from the time the home is listed, and if it gets shown immediatly, we can get a contract that soon. If you would like to meet, I can show you how it works, I can check on the area of the home you are looking at and I can tell you what the average is on that particular area.
Grace
Coldwell Banker Heritage Realtors
937-554-5159
Congratulations on your home search.

Please contact us to discuss the average amount of days that our listings are on the market before they sell.
Congratulations on your home search.

Honestly it just depends on a lot of factors. Location, price, condition, etc. If it's priced right and represents good value than it will not be on the market long.
The length of time a house sits before it's bought depends on price, location condition, supply & demand. Generally, if a house is in good shape, priced well, and in a desirable neighborhood, it will move fairly quickly, so you want to stake your claim rather soon. There is no pat answer as to how long a house will take to sell, depends on location, condition and price. As a general rule, if you find a good one, have your Realtor write it up, and be smart about what you offer in case there will be other offers to compete with you. They will look at price offered, of course, but also how soon it can close, your being pre-approved--your ability to buy as well.

Susan Busch, Keller Williams Advantage
937 776-0047
Depends on the area. To get the true value will be determined by comparable sales and price per square foot in that area you are looking at. also condition.